Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Re: Print Quality Taskalfa 3050CI

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post

I also pull all the charger rollers from each color and inspect them. If they have white build up on them, clean it off. ONLY use water on a rag to clean them. Anything else may damage the surface of those rollers. I usually do the charger rollers first as it gives them time to dry before reassembly.

And here's another freebie; sometimes those charger rollers get bubbles on the surface that look like dots of that color on the page. If I don't have a roller to replace it, I will usually swap it with the one in the yellow unit. It will show up a lot less until I can get back with the replacement part.
    I use simple green on all my rollers (and have for 18 years now without incident), including charge rollers. Much less work than using water only, no risk as long as you ensure the rollers are dry. If you replace drums and or MC's, they have been sending out "new style" components. This is a different surface on the drum to reduce drag and a new method for cleaning the MC with an double helix style foam instead of the spinning brush. All of this is covered in the 6052ci class, I highly recommend that you go get certified if you haven't, it will eliminate many of your basic questions.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~

Technician

Hi,

a big thanks to Samanator !!!

i have changed the black with the yellow drum and the problem is getting smaller - see the attachment.

Taskalfa3050cinew.pdf

For me it seems that the problem is the old black now yellow drum.

otherwise if the black developer was not ok the problem should remain with balck dots or am i wrong ?

i did the laser cleaning and drum refresh again, what can i do to get a better printing result before echange the black drum ?
    There is a white part on the edge of the print, is there a calibration to fix it ?

Any ideas ?

Tobias

Scan with streaks.jpg
    My Kyocera 3050ci has black streaks or blank streaks when printing. I looked at the fuser and it looked fine, could it be the drum?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Print Quality Taskalfa 3050CI

Quote Originally Posted by juanatknight View Post
    Scan with streaks.jpg
    My Kyocera 3050ci has black streaks or blank streaks when printing. I looked at the fuser and it looked fine, could it be the drum?

Looks like it's only on the black. Possibly the developer unit or something wrong with transfer to the belt. Pull the black drum and dev unit and make sure it's clean and has no obstructions or anything that could be touching the belt.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juanatknight View Post
    Scan with streaks.jpg
    Yes, two main possibilities:

Dirty black laser slit glass: Run laser slit glass cleaner in Adjustment Maintenance menu

Obstructions under the black doctor blade: Sometimes you can fish then out with a heavy mylar cut in a hook shape. Roll the developing roller while pulling on your mylar tool. Sometimes you can't and must replace the black developing unit. I haven't had much luck with disassembling these developing units.

Mylar Doctor Blade Cleaner.JPG

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Yes, two main possibilities:

Dirty black laser slit glass: Run laser slit glass cleaner in Adjustment Maintenance menu

Obstructions under the black doctor blade: Sometimes you can fish then out with a heavy mylar cut in a hook shape. Roll the developing roller while pulling on your mylar tool. Sometimes you can't and must replace the black developing unit. I haven't had much luck with disassembling these developing units.

=^..^=

I keep forgetting about those laser slit glasses. The void areas will probably be resolved by running that cleaner Blackcat mentioned. Make sure the image unit (drum/developer) are clean though. You've got some dark streaks there that may indicate something going on with the image unit that's causing toner to fall onto the laser slit glass.

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    I keep forgetting about those laser slit glasses. The void areas will probably be resolved by running that cleaner Blackcat mentioned. Make sure the image unit (drum/developer) are clean though. You've got some dark streaks there that may indicate something going on with the image unit that's causing toner to fall onto the laser slit glass.
    How do I clean the drum/developer unit? I didn't see this in the manual. I ran the refreshes for the developer unit and the drum and the laser cleaner but it seems to only have made it worse.

certified scrub 500+ Posts

may need to take the laser unit out to vaccum it.
    Idling colour developers are not healthy developers.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by syspro View Post
    ... There is a white part on the edge of the print, is there a calibration to fix it ?

Any ideas ?

Tobias
    Are you talking about the edge voids? All laser based printers will have at least 2mm of edge void, and 3 to 5mm of lead and trail voids. They are there so that the paper does not wrap around the fuser roller or snag on the fixing claws. The voids absolutely must be there. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I had a technician come out to look at it, he said the black drum needs to be replaced. He quoted me $610 + tax for the drum. Is this reasonable or is there a better option?