Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Mx-3610n stuck rendering

I have a mx-3610n that I am working on that for some reason wont get past rendering. I have cleared the image memory 66-10, I have updated the firmware 8.2 etc etc etc, I have isolated the copier on the network to a single pc on a new ip address, replaced all the windows bloatware drivers with the pcl6 driver only, added a network filter and even replaced the cat cable going to the wall. All to no avail. I am thinking about rolling the firmware driver back to 5.0, it was on 3.0. Good idea to try or no? There was at one point a e7-80 mfp - scu communication error. I dismissed that because it never came back. Symptom of a mfpc pwb going bad? After several restarts I had a u2-42 error which I'm guessing got triggered due to the restarts (insert frustration reference here), but that code went away.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Re: Mx-3610n stuck rendering

I would have to guess that the SD card is going bad. Trying clearing the job log on the HDD using Sim 62-10, this might help, but on these models, the SD card is a weak point. Hope this helps!

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    I have a mx-3610n that I am working on that for some reason wont get past rendering. I have cleared the image memory 66-10, I have updated the firmware 8.2 etc etc etc, I have isolated the copier on the network to a single pc on a new ip address, replaced all the windows bloatware drivers with the pcl6 driver only, added a network filter and even replaced the cat cable going to the wall. All to no avail. I am thinking about rolling the firmware driver back to 5.0, it was on 3.0. Good idea to try or no? There was at one point a e7-80 mfp - scu communication error. I dismissed that because it never came back. Symptom of a mfpc pwb going bad? After several restarts I had a u2-42 error which I'm guessing got triggered due to the restarts (insert frustration reference here), but that code went away.
    Just out of curiosity, what type of file was it? PDF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts r3d343420's Avatar

some things to try
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Update, I've tried the things listed on those bulletins, nothing. Spools but doesn't render in fact once it gets to rendering it wont do much of anything especially if I try to clear the job. DNS server looks off site but I don't know if that's the cause or not. Cleared the job history from 62-10 sim as well but still nothing. Unit seems sluggish. I have heard that I cant simply write a SD card with firmware etc, that still true?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts driving lots of miles's Avatar

The last time we had to either buy and SD card from Sharp or copy an existing card using a program to copy it as a raw copy. We have not done this yet but I have read on this forum that when they get a new machine in they are making a copy of the SD card before it is even sent out.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Quote Originally Posted by driving lots of miles View Post
    The last time we had to either buy and SD card from Sharp or copy an existing card using a program to copy it as a raw copy. We have not done this yet but I have read on this forum that when they get a new machine in they are making a copy of the SD card before it is even sent out.
    I have always exported/copied the sd info to a removable usb stick, using sim 56, or to my computer... via the copier through the webpage . I would store the data on my computer. If I needed it, I would load it back on the my usb stick and import the data to the new sd card...or import it through the web-page via my computer.
    I, too, have seen where some techs are cloning the SD cards with a program and would be curious as to how it is done.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Update: After several days of stressing it turns out the dns server is messed up. Up and down are upside down which is why I can connect to the machine but jobs wont go through. The company that built it is headed out to fix it, will update later if anything interesting pops up.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2501 View Post
    Update: After several days of stressing it turns out the dns server is messed up. Up and down are upside down which is why I can connect to the machine but jobs wont go through. The company that built it is headed out to fix it, will update later if anything interesting pops up.
    I think we had a recent issue where an ISP changed some settings and required the DNS to be the same that the ISP provided and not just a generic one.... however, I believe that created an issue with scanning to e-mail.
    Last edited by RascalMJ; 11-10-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Mx-3610n stuck rendering

Latest and greatest: Power boards all check out. Unit acting sluggish on some commands and startup. Beginning to think it's the SD card. Trying to figure out the fastest way to get that replaced or tested now. Even after adjusting the power settings it goes to sleep very quickly.