Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

The whole Russian hacking affair has badly damaged the credibility of Wikileaks.

The organization seems to be aided by sources linked to the Russian gov't who dispense information obtained by espionage and illicit means.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, a self described crusader for the free flow of information, has increasingly displayed behavior that a sensible or reasonable person should not trust or want to interact with.

It is no secret that Wikileaks has long been hostile to the interests of the US gov't and other Western nations.

It is now regrettable that during the the campaign for the US election, then candidate Trump publicly declared that he loved Wikileaks.

Today's news now implies that Donald Trump Jr communicated with Wikileaks, released information provided by Wikileaks and encouraged his father to communicate those same messages, which he did. Messages probably crafted by the Kremlin designed to create disinformation and mistrust amongst the American public.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

I think President Trump takes a more business man's approach to dealing with Vladimir Putin and can see areas where the two countries can work together to counter terrorism, etc. On a personal level, President Trump and the salesman within him does not want to alienate Putin and make him more difficult to negotiate with. Putin, on the other hand, is an experienced KGB agent, who by denying involvement, hopes to bridge trust with Trump and potentially gain further advantage at little cost.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Are you people kidding me? Trump wouldn't trust Putin as far as he could throw him. Actually, I guess that's not saying much, considering the size difference between the two.

Trump knows what Russia is. He knows they are hostile. The same way Churchill knew who Stalin was... and worked with him anyway to get what he needed.

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Are you people kidding me? Trump wouldn't trust Putin as far as he could throw him. Actually, I guess that's not saying much, considering the size difference between the two.

Trump knows what Russia is. He knows they are hostile. The same way Churchill knew who Stalin was... and worked with him anyway to get what he needed.
    So, how do we know when he is lying (bluffing), or when he is telling us the truth?
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    So, how do we know when he is lying (bluffing), or when he is telling us the truth?
    The easiest way I know to tell if a politician is lying, and this method never fails, check if his/her lips are moving.

That's just it. He's not a politician.

Trump, as was mentioned, is a businessman. He knows how to make a deal. The best way to get to know him is to read his book.

From the very start, his entire campaign has been about putting American interests in front... and getting a better deal with the other nations.

Remember how much he talked about China? I think there's even a youtube video on it. And yet, he's walking away now singing China's praises? What's up with that?

I think it's all about negotiating. China (and Russia) expects one thing when they're approaching us, and they probably all are surprised at Trump's cordial attitude once he gets to the tables. But he gets what he wants.

With China, I'd bet my right arm, he got tougher sanctions on NK. With Russia (as he talked about during the campaign) he's gonna want help with ISIS.

I don't pretend to know what going on in Trump's head. The only thing I believe about him (aside from his abilities to get stuff done) is that he loves America. I'm sorry but if I'm gonna choose someone to lead this country, THAT should be a prerequisite. I don't believe Hilary loves America, and I sure as heck didn't believe Obama loved America.

Actually, now that I think about all the documentaries I seen and books I've read on the subject, Churchill absolutely despised Stalin. Not just Stalin's politics, and the fact that he was a mass murderer, but down to the man's personality. He resented the fact that he had to deal with him. But let's face it--Hitler HAD to be defeated.

We can thank Reagan for collapsing Stalin's legacy. Now that they're rebuilding, we'll see to takes the next stand against the Russians. But I doubt there's going to be anyone flexing muscles in the next 8 years. Russia is big enough to be a menace, but not big enough to be a threat. I believe we need them to stabilize the East.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

May's comments contrast starkly with US President Donald Trump's recent comment that he believed Vladimir Putin's denials of interfering in the 2016 US Presidential elections. President Trump did later state that he agreed with the US Intelligence community's assessment that Russia attempted to influence the US election.

British PM to Russia: 'We know what you are doing' - CNN
    Trump didn't say he believed Putin denials, he said he believed PUTIN felt they didn't influence the elections. Many of the MSM shows have altered the videos of Trumps speech to make it look like he believed that Russia wasn't involved

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Actually, now that I think about all the documentaries I seen and books I've read on the subject, Churchill absolutely despised Stalin. Not just Stalin's politics, and the fact that he was a mass murderer, but down to the man's personality. He resented the fact that he had to deal with him. But let's face it--Hitler HAD to be defeated.

We can thank Reagan for collapsing Stalin's legacy. Now that they're rebuilding, we'll see to takes the next stand against the Russians. But I doubt there's going to be anyone flexing muscles in the next 8 years. Russia is big enough to be a menace, but not big enough to be a threat. I believe we need them to stabilize the East.
    Yes in fact Churchill despised Stalin and in fact was working on a way to oust Stalin after the war. There was a Discovery Channel documentary on this, in fact it aired again weekend before last. A historian that wrote a bio on Churchill was predominant in that show discussing the talks he had with Churchill on the very subject of Stalin.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

The candidates were damaged more by their opponents misleading and in most cases false claims and innuendos. Nothing the Russians or any other country could post on FB could be more damaging then the grainy clips with a carefully selected sound bite that made it seem that he or she hated America, lied, was a crook ect.. Today's political message is based not on what you bring to the table, but only trying to convince the voters that the other guy is so bad you'd have to be an idiot to vote for them. This kind of crap seems to be OK, but if it came from outside our borders then it's some kind of illicit operation. I doubt than more than .1 percent of the US population was influenced by anything Russian related, but those campaign commercials were another story. And if you think the US doesn't try and influence political outcomes then you need to crawl out from under the rock you are living under. We just call them sanctions. Emujo