Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon 7095 Light Prints on Damp Paper

Re: Canon 7095 Light Prints on Damp Paper

First at all, after replacing the corona or the wires on a canon box, do not forget to reset the counters in service mode, otherwise the mashine wont use the correct corona currents.
    second: turn the trans/sep corona 180 degrees and turn the transfer wire screws 1,5 turn counterclockwise, the two sep wires 1 turn clockwise. After that, reinstall. This will increase the transfer performance and reduce toner repulsion due to sep current

Hope this helps
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Herrmann View Post
    First at all, after replacing the corona or the wires on a canon box, do not forget to reset the counters in service mode, otherwise the mashine wont use the correct corona currents.
    second: turn the trans/sep corona 180 degrees and turn the transfer wire screws 1,5 turn counterclockwise, the two sep wires 1 turn clockwise. After that, reinstall. This will increase the transfer performance and reduce toner repulsion due to sep current

Hope this helps
    Thank you for this answer. I have turned up the transfer guide bias to +600 V according to these instructions:

SERVICE MODE:
    - COPIER> OPTION> BODY> TRNSG-SW (transfer guide bias control mode switchover)
    0: switches to +200 V in a high-humidity environment (default)
    1: fix the transfer guide bias to +600 V
    2: fix the transfer guide bias to +200 V
    3: switches to +200 V in a normal humidity condition
    4: switches to +200 V in a low humidity condition
    Set it to '2' through '4' if a transfer fault is noted.

As of right now it seems to be working, but I have only tested it one day. I still got some faint prints today, but only on the first three sheets. I had left almost one full ream in the machine overnight, and it all printed good today except for the first three sheets.

Now, I have changed all of the corona wires on a 6570 I used to have. So far on this 7095 I have not changed any corona wires, but I am happy to give it a shot. I have a spool of wire. However, your instructions are confusing to me. I do not understand how to turn wires 180 degrees, nor turn the screws 1,5 turns clockwise. Is that 1/5th of a turn? Which screws are you talking about specifically? I was told by a technician who serviced my 6570 machine that the wires surrounding the Transfer Separation Corona Unit are not necessary, that all that matters are the long straight ones going from the operator side of the machine to the back. Is that correct? When you change the wires on this do you ignore the wire wrapping around the unit?

Thank you so much for your help. I am not a technician, but I do almost all of my own work on my machines. Diagnosing is the hardest part.

I appreciate you guys. You are very helpful.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

If the machine is run hard and quality is important....and the assemblies have around 500 -1 million clicks you should just buy a new assembly anyway. Age and meters around 1 million call for new ones anyway. Esp in a production environment. imo Has the drum ever been polished?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I do not understand how to turn wires 180 degrees, nor turn the screws 1,5 turns clockwise. Is that 1/5th of a turn?
    not the wires, turn the whole corona assy upside down, there you will see plastic screws, wich adjust the heigt of the corona wires. with 1.5 turns i meant one and a half turn.
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    If your transfer/sep assembly has not been replaced in a while try that. Or if there is a setting you can try increasing the voltage if there is a setting, I recommend replacing unit. I never had any of those machines but the other models the transfer wire gets old and the voltage is high there and what ever oxidation insulates the transfer charge. Water is an insulator and you have to over power that to transfer toner to the paper.
    That helped a lot. I replaced every corona assembly on the 7095, and now I can leave paper in there for weeks and it will print properly. You guys are such a help for this. Thank you so much.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    I remember tensioning new corona wires on a field....
    ahhhh the good old days!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by techandtrader View Post
    If the machine is run hard and quality is important....and the assemblies have around 500 -1 million clicks you should just buy a new assembly anyway. Age and meters around 1 million call for new ones anyway. Esp in a production environment. imo Has the drum ever been polished?
    Thank you so much for that advice. All of my corona assemblies were 133% on their life, so I replaced them all and it is running great. I do not have the problem with printing on damp paper anymore. You guys are fantastic!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post
    Thank you so much for that advice. All of my corona assemblies were 133% on their life, so I replaced them all and it is running great. I do not have the problem with printing on damp paper anymore. You guys are fantastic!
    It's a machine worth throwing money at.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berean View Post

good thing your printer is not in the 'Rain Forest"

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**