Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: FTP in Mac OSX 10.13 High Sierra

ftp plist
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FTP in Mac OSX 10.13 High Sierra

Thanks again, Dech.

Is there an ftpd file in the /usr/libexec/directory?

I think that would be the FTP server file.

I believe the ftp and telnet files you provided are the client files.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceechtay View Post
    Hey, Dech,

Thanks very much for the binaries.

Could you please also post the ftp.plist file from 10.12 (it should be in the /System/Library/LaunchDaemons directory).

That is useful for "daemonizing" the service to run at startup.

Thanks.
    I can not copy the ftp.plist file to LaunchDaemons. Can you help me?

Thx

Hi, found an easier way, go to the app store, get the app called ftp server, only cost $4.00. Set up the app to point to your scans folder in your home folder, no need to share or switch on your remote login. This works for all my fujixerox mfd's. If need help setting up, will post screen shots.

Found pasting ftp folders into bin have been playing up at sites... this working with no prblem at all.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dech View Post
    Hi, found an easier way, go to the app store, get the app called ftp server, only cost $4.00. Set up the app to point to your scans folder in your home folder, no need to share or switch on your remote login. This works for all my fujixerox mfd's. If need help setting up, will post screen shots.

Found pasting ftp folders into bin have been playing up at sites... this working with no prblem at all.
    Thanks Dech...screenshots would be awesome.

Trying to get an MP C3003 setup to scan at a customers with 5 mac's...would you have to purchase that app on each persons computer i am guessing??

Finally learned how to setup mac's to scan using FTP and then they go an change it on me

Angry Re: FTP in Mac OSX 10.13 High Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    Thanks Dech...screenshots would be awesome.

Trying to get an MP C3003 setup to scan at a customers with 5 mac's...would you have to purchase that app on each persons computer i am guessing??

Finally learned how to setup mac's to scan using FTP and then they go an change it on me
    No... just download the app from one account and login to the app store using the same account on the other macs and download FTP SERVER app.

setup the server app, remember the app uses port 2121 on the MFD ( copier) and on a desktop printer I found port 5000 works. Point the app to your Scans folder in your home folder. use the user name and password you created in the apps accounts, not the macs user name and password. If the scan fails, go to logs, it will tell you what you are doing wrong. On the copier do not put the Scans name in the share folder- leave blank- the app will put the scan into the scans folder.
    Screenshot 2017-11-21 20.38.20.pngScreenshot 2017-11-21 20.35.42.jpgScreenshot 2017-11-21 20.36.50.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dech View Post
    No... just download the app from one account and login to the app store using the same account on the other macs and download FTP SERVER app.

setup the server app, remember the app uses port 2121 on the MFD ( copier) and on a desktop printer I found port 5000 works. Point the app to your Scans folder in your home folder. use the user name and password you created in the apps accounts, not the macs user name and password. If the scan fails, go to logs, it will tell you what you are doing wrong. On the copier do not put the Scans name in the share folder- leave blank- the app will put the scan into the scans folder.
    Screenshot 2017-11-21 20.38.20.pngScreenshot 2017-11-21 20.35.42.jpgScreenshot 2017-11-21 20.36.50.jpg
    Thanks dech....lll give it a shot!!

This may not help if you can only use FTP but SMB is working again on OSX 10.13. I just set one up and it tested fine. You have to turn on file sharing by going to Settings-> Sharing->File Sharing and check the box beside it. You can add other folders to share if you want to buy I find it is simplest to just create a share folder in the public folder and make the end user a shortcut on the desktop to it. Once you select the folder you are going to share click "Options" and and be sure the account the copier is going to log in with is selected (I usually just use the user's account) and that "Share files and folders using SMB" is turned on. The share path for the folder you created will look something like this assuming you created a folder called Scans in the public folder \\hostname\Users's Public Folder\Scans.

Charlotman

Quote Originally Posted by BorjaAG View Post
    I can not copy the ftp.plist file to LaunchDaemons. Can you help me?

Thx
    Same for me
    i can not copy the ftp.plist, i haven't got permission.
    I not a Mac User and I'm not used to using it.
    Thank you for you help and excuse my french

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

You need to enable root access.

Google is your friend.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother