Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MP2553

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MP2553

i just had a mpc 2500 had same problem. we swap fax board and it work fine after that. They use voip at there location. we had provider check there line and said it was fine before we swap board. still recommend do the settings that one person said to change on new board.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP2553

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I had a similar problem with a machine a few years ago. Fax worked fine except for faxes from one sender. The problem was a compatibility problem with the handshaking between the two machines. Some of it had to do with ECM but there were other issues. I talked to tech support and they had me change a number of bit switches. That took care of the problem, but it was so long ago I can't remember exactly they had me change.
    This also reminds me of a time about a decade ago when we still had lots of standalone faxes out, and there was a very popular HP MFP on the market, and I had more than a few calls about faxes not being recieved from particular senders, and when we followed up and asked them to confirm the sender's unit, it was always that model.

Anyway, My wholesaler was good enough to let me swap a fax board with them, and i returned to the customer to install, while being pretty sure it wouldn't resolve the issue- and I was right.
    I proved the fact to them, by having several people send faxes, without issue. I also had the volme turned up, so we could here the fax signal. They were all the usual type, until this Government office was asked to try, and it was a very different,and strange signal that the machine just doesn't recognize I suppose. Why they don't have more complaints, I have no idea .
    Thankfully , the customer is very reasonable and understands the situation now, and allowed me to leave their old smaller MFP connected for receiving faxes, and they'll just use the mp2553 for sending, which was the main thing they wanted it for - speed, duplex capability, ADF capacity, etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I think this might be just one of those times that there may not be a solution

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Sandman I didn't explain myself very well in my original post. Is it the correct fax cable for the 3353?
    There are different/ special types of Phone cables? That's certainly something new for me too.
    I mean, I know there are some really cheap quality (dollar store) ones, but I stay away from those

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP2553

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    This also reminds me of a time about a decade ago when we still had lots of standalone faxes out, and there was a very popular HP MFP on the market, and I had more than a few calls about faxes not being recieved from particular senders, and when we followed up and asked them to confirm the sender's unit, it was always that model.

Anyway, My wholesaler was good enough to let me swap a fax board with them, and i returned to the customer to install, while being pretty sure it wouldn't resolve the issue- and I was right.
    I proved the fact to them, by having several people send faxes, without issue. I also had the volme turned up, so we could here the fax signal. They were all the usual type, until this Government office was asked to try, and it was a very different,and strange signal that the machine just doesn't recognize I suppose. Why they don't have more complaints, I have no idea .
    Thankfully , the customer is very reasonable and understands the situation now, and allowed me to leave their old smaller MFP connected for receiving faxes, and they'll just use the mp2553 for sending, which was the main thing they wanted it for - speed, duplex capability, ADF capacity, etc.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I think this might be just one of those times that there may not be a solution

There are different/ special types of Phone cables? That's certainly something new for me too.
    I mean, I know there are some really cheap quality (dollar store) ones, but I stay away from those

If you've got the option, it's always best to use a 2-wire phone cable. For some reason, I've had more faxing issues with 4-wire cables.