Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Angry Wierd Issue with MX-M623

OK Guys,

I had a call for buzzing noise on a 623. turned out the Surge suppressor was buzzing but still functioning.
    I replaced the surge suppressor & was good to go. About a week later I got a call that machine was dead & wouldn't come on.
    Took a power supply both AC & DC from another machine along with a control panel machine wouldn't boot up and there was only the control panel led light on. Replaced power supplies and control panel no power on DC PS fuses but had AC to boards. But machine still wont power up.
    Brought it into shop put parts from customers machine back into parts machine & Parts machine came on and ran. Turned on customers machine in our shop and it booted up and ran for 5 days. Took machine back to customer it booted up and printed 3 total sheets for me then died when I opened adf to make some copies. It wouldn't come on after that. Brought back to shop plugged in and it came on and has been running all day. I moved a 503 into the spot 623 was located in and it ran fine for all 5 days using the same surge suppressor. Only variable is Customer has a finisher but we used one of ours and it is not having an issue. I have checked connections and shook the hell out of it while running still running . Any thoughts are appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Wierd Issue with MX-M623

Re: Wierd Issue with MX-M623

Quote Originally Posted by xring1958 View Post
    OK Guys,

I had a call for buzzing noise on a 623. turned out the Surge suppressor was buzzing but still functioning.
    I replaced the surge suppressor & was good to go. About a week later I got a call that machine was dead & wouldn't come on.
    Took a power supply both AC & DC from another machine along with a control panel machine wouldn't boot up and there was only the control panel led light on. Replaced power supplies and control panel no power on DC PS fuses but had AC to boards. But machine still wont power up.
    Brought it into shop put parts from customers machine back into parts machine & Parts machine came on and ran. Turned on customers machine in our shop and it booted up and ran for 5 days. Took machine back to customer it booted up and printed 3 total sheets for me then died when I opened adf to make some copies. It wouldn't come on after that. Brought back to shop plugged in and it came on and has been running all day. I moved a 503 into the spot 623 was located in and it ran fine for all 5 days using the same surge suppressor. Only variable is Customer has a finisher but we used one of ours and it is not having an issue. I have checked connections and shook the hell out of it while running still running . Any thoughts are appreciated.
    have you checked the voltage at the WALL? it has to be pretty constant for today's line of machine... the older ones handled fluctuations in power better IMHO

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Wierd Issue with MX-M623

this is what I use to diagnose line problems.... leave it for a few days protecting the equipment and then pull the data and analyze

NextGen PCS – AMETEK | ESP | SurgeX

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Wierd Issue with MX-M623

You said it died when you opened the ADF. I have see n paper clips on board in adf cause problems. Moves around when lid is opened and closed. You may have some problem like that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts xring1958's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88 View Post
    You said it died when you opened the ADF. I have see n paper clips on board in adf cause problems. Moves around when lid is opened and closed. You may have some problem like that.
    Popped the cover on the ADF and there was a big ole paperclip lying right next to the board.

pulled it reassembled tested 200 copies and lifted adf a bunch no failures.

Delivered to customer no problems on site. Keeping fingers crossed

Big thanks for the input.

xring