Page 34 of 130 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast

Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post

It seems you forget that this is the ONLY American President that did NOT accept one (1) penny for ANY of his time in office.

Guess you should learn how to google

If Trump indeed donates his salary this year, he won't be the first president to do so; presidents John F. Kennedy and Herbert Hoover, both of whom were wealthy, also donated theirs.

Trump Could Save More Than $1 Billion Under His New Tax Plan

Trump Could Save More Than $1 Billion Under His New Tax Plan - The New York Times

Why Won't Trump Release His Tax Returns? (VIDEO)

Seventy-four percent of Americans want to see Donald Trump's tax returns. So why won't he release them? Let's count the excuses.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email

The Presidential salary with benefits is approx $500,000.00 per year. It is certainly commendable that President Trump has elected to donate 100% of his salary to various worthy gov't causes each month. Being the President is certainly not an easy job and President Trump said that it was much harder than he expected.

In return, I say he can play all of the golf that he wants. It certainly seems to be his way of combining relaxation, exercise and social networking.

President Trump's various properties receive some benefits that indirectly profits himself when he leaves office.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    The Presidential salary with benefits is approx $500,000.00 per year. It is certainly commendable that President Trump has elected to donate 100% of his salary to various worthy gov't causes each month. Being the President is certainly not an easy job and President Trump said that it was much harder than he expected.

In return, I say he can play all of the golf that he wants. It certainly seems to be his way of combining relaxation, exercise and social networking.

President Trump's various properties receive some benefits that indirectly profits himself when he leaves office.
    And don't forget, as bsm2 has stated his tax reform bill will directly make him a lot of money.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You have something against him making money?

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    You have something against him making money?
    Are you trying to say that you have no problem with an elected official creating policy that makes themselves a fortune?
    It really is amazing how partisan politics creates people who will overlook something that, if done by someone in the other party would completely enrage them.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post

I was personally amazed that I was actually going to like your post...then I got to your punch line. I am so disappointed... I do not play golf, but I have heard some amazingly big deals get made on the course. I have also heard that you can tell a persons temperament while playing golf with them. I do not agree with the entire thread of how the Russians Hacked...Or how Hillary's loss has nothing to do with this thread. It is predicated on the fact that the president is illegitimate. Anyone who would prefer a DNC president is only listening to the noise made by the media bias. The bias and hypocrisy you are demonstrating by going along with that is appalling. This President is doing EXACTLY what I wanted in a president when I voted for him. A Canadian should mind their own business... It is not for you to take or leave a POTUS.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As explained a 100 times, President Trump policies via NAFTA and other trade policies has the strong potential to harm Canada. Bingo! This gets my interest and deserves commentary.

If you do not want to believe the overwhelming evidence that the Russians attacked the USA in the 2016 Presidential election and continue to do so today, your head is .. ... .. .... ... you deserve a medal!

Court documents, testimony show foreign-policy adviser was known to authorities as early as 2013

Carter Page, who served as a foreign-policy adviser to Donald Trump’s campaign, was known to U.S. counterintelligence officials for years before he became a prominent figure in a dossier of unverified research about the future president’s ties to Russia.

The FBI said the memo contains significant omissions about the surveillance decisions made during the time period in question.

Mr. Page’s name surfaced repeatedly in the fall of 2016 in classified briefings given to high-level members of Congress, according to people familiar with the matter. That was around the same time the FBI and the Justice Department were applying for a surveillance warrant against Mr. Page in the FISA court.

A month after Mr. Trump won the presidential election, Mr. Page traveled to Russia again. There, he met again with Messrs. Dvorkovich and Baranov, among others, Mr. Page told the House panel.

The following spring, Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general appointed by Mr. Trump, approved a renewal of surveillance of Mr. Page.

Former Trump Aide Carter Page Was on U.S. Counterintelligence Radar Before Russia Dossier - WSJ

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Are you trying to say that you have no problem with an elected official creating policy that makes themselves a fortune?
    It really is amazing how partisan politics creates people who will overlook something that, if done by someone in the other party would completely enrage them.
    Elected officials are constantly lining their pocketbooks this way. But they do it through exclusionary deals... chroney capitalism. Trump's policies benefits millions of Americans, makes American corporations stronger, and benefits small businesses everywhere in America.

The reason he CRUSHED in the primaries was because he pointed out the inconsistencies in republican deal making and republican promises to American people. Republicans have always reported to be pro-business, but they allowed regulations that kill business (except for the big corporations who have enough money to overcome them). You and I had talked about that somewhere else... probably in this very thread. This is the ideals I had mentioned in action. The lower taxes and squashed regulations are going to be what allows small businesses to prosper. Big corps will seem to benefit, but ultimately, they lose, because it was those high taxes and regulations that kept competition from happening. This is not "corporate welfare" that other politicians have dealt under the table--it's a flat out tax cut, transparent for all to see.

If Trump's corporation tripled income because of his policies, I'd be fine with it--as long as those policies benefited everyone instead of just him.

He's doing EXACTLY what he said he'd do when he ran. This is why he won.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Elected officials are constantly lining their pocketbooks this way. But they do it through exclusionary deals... chroney capitalism. Trump's policies benefits millions of Americans, makes American corporations stronger, and benefits small businesses everywhere in America.

The reason he CRUSHED in the primaries was because he pointed out the inconsistencies in republican deal making and republican promises to American people. Republicans have always reported to be pro-business, but they allowed regulations that kill business (except for the big corporations who have enough money to overcome them). You and I had talked about that somewhere else... probably in this very thread. This is the ideals I had mentioned in action. The lower taxes and squashed regulations are going to be what allows small businesses to prosper. Big corps will seem to benefit, but ultimately, they lose, because it was those high taxes and regulations that kept competition from happening. This is not "corporate welfare" that other politicians have dealt under the table--it's a flat out tax cut, transparent for all to see.

If Trump's corporation tripled income because of his policies, I'd be fine with it--as long as those policies benefited everyone instead of just him.

He's doing EXACTLY what he said he'd do when he ran. This is why he won.
    Yeah, but the big corporations tax cuts are permanent and the little guy tax cuts are only for a couple years and then they go back to where they were. Sounds exactly like corporate welfare.