Page 35 of 130 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: How Russia hacked the Democrats email

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    Yeah, but the big corporations tax cuts are permanent and the little guy tax cuts are only for a couple years and then they go back to where they were. Sounds exactly like corporate welfare.
    Only for a couple of years? I've not heard of that. I'm sure if that were the case, the dems would be all over it.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

What I'm talking about is the corporate tax cuts. Also the whole pass-through income, which was explained to me once, but I forget the understanding I had briefly obtained, and don't have the mental capacity to rethink it again right now.

I guess my point wasn't so much that the little guy gets a tax cut. My point is that his tax cuts are for everyone. It's not chroney-capitalism. Corps might benefit more, but all corps do, instead of just the monsters like Walmart. This round does more for corporations than the little guy, admittedly, but his over-all governing policy does MUCH more for the little guy than the big corps.

I believe he's going to do more for small farms than any administration has EVER done. I believe we're going to see a come-back for organic farmers, as well as traditional small farms. That is something I'm especially excited for. I think industrialized farming is bad for everyone.

Federal government will be unable to pay all bills sooner than expected, due to new tax law

With the opportunity to slash the corporate rate nearly in half, cries of “I won’t endorse a bill that adds one penny to the deficit!” evaporated, and tacking on $1.5 trillion became no big deal.

According to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, the federal government will run out of money even sooner than expected, thanks to the new tax legislation, which is estimated to lead to a fall in revenue of $136 billion in 2018.

The U.S. government’s cash reserves are expected to run out faster than expected, the Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday, a result of lost revenue from last year’s tax cut law.

If the debt ceiling isn’t raised by the first half of March, CBO said, “the government would be unable to pay its obligations fully, and it would delay making payments for its activities, default on its debt obligations, or both.”

Federal government will be unable to pay all bills sooner than expected, due to new tax law - The Washington Post

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How Russia hacked the Democrats email

that makes as much sense as the ice caps supposedly melting by 2015, and, you reference the very sources that continue to predict gloom and doom. the only Russian interference in the election was bought and paid for by the DNC. This incessant whining is simply noise of the people this misinformation is intended to confuse.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    Only for a couple of years? I've not heard of that. I'm sure if that were the case, the dems would be all over it.
    Sorry, I see when I said "a couple" it may have implied two. I simply meant to indicate it was temporary for the rest. It is actually 7 years when the tax rate will climb for the little guy.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddy out View Post
    that makes as much sense as the ice caps supposedly melting by 2015, and, you reference the very sources that continue to predict gloom and doom. the only Russian interference in the election was bought and paid for by the DNC. This incessant whining is simply noise of the people this misinformation is intended to confuse.
    As stated over and over, the Russians did interfere. The only question is whether there was any collusion. (Whether anyone asked and allowed them to interfere)

The tax cut is a $6 billion gift to Exxon

ExxonMobil scored a massive gain from the Republican tax overhaul.

Exxon said the federal tax law enacted by President Trump in December gave the company a non-cash earnings gain of $5.9 billion. That's because the corporate tax rate has been lowered from 35% to 21%. Like other companies, the reduced rate allowed Exxon to write down the amount of money it owed Uncle Sam in the future, known as deferred income taxes.

Exxon was not hurt by the part of the tax law that forced companies to bring foreign profits back to the United States. The company said it generally paid taxes on these overseas profits at around 35% anyway, allowing it to avoid a repatriation tax hit.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    it's more than a few ... 10year to be exact...but what was left out... Ryan said during an interview on this... they were working on a permanent plan... but they needed to get this passed first.

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    it's more than a few ... 10year to be exact...but what was left out... Ryan said during an interview on this... they were working on a permanent plan... but they needed to get this passed first.
    7 years. 2025

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    As stated over and over, the Russians did interfere. The only question is whether there was any collusion. (Whether anyone asked and allowed them to interfere)
    every one interferes with everyone, what is so big about this election? BHO interfered with many elections during his presidency, and so has the CIA throughout the years. BHO did say something I remember, "You lost, get to the back of the bus!" get over it