Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

That is true--you really have no way of knowing whether it's the solenoid or the motor or a gear or something else... not unless you fix the solenoid, put it back together, and then still get the error. And as someone pointed out, it could still be the DC controller. These machines are nightmares. But you have to admit, as I had said earlier, you don't have these kinds of problems with the other brands because those low volume machines don't last long enough to see such problems.

Red face Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Kudos and thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post, without these detailed instructions I probably would not have been able to fix the 59.00.F0 error, thought I'd share my two cents.

I had this 59.00.F0 on a HP LaserJet M4540 MFP & also on a HP LaserJet CP3525 printer. I was pulling my hair out, the CP3525 printer ended up getting replaced (supposedly, but if I had one more shot at that printer, I could fix it too)

On the HP LaserJet M4540 however, I was able to fix it (after 3 hours). And like previous few posts had already mentioned, refurbished fuser drive assembly often comes with a solenoid that already has foam pad worn or sticky. I had to clean the deteriorated foam pad with fingernails and rubbing alcohol, then tape it with electrical tape, and cut off the excess electrical tape, then after that it's just reassembled the printer back.

I too, would just love to have five minutes with the HP engineers...

POPCADU

Red face Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

WOW... i have the same issue here.
    Almost every Laserjet printer need this solenoid repair!
    4 hours here too

Quote Originally Posted by DaIceMan View Post
    Hi all, just wanted to add my experience with this issue.
    In my case the ITB was moving (the black was window rotating properly) and the gear was rotating upon visual inspection and the optical sensor was working fine. However shortly after powering on the printer a "whirring" sound would be heard and the 59.F0 error would popup and the printer would be offline. Also when running the ITB diagnostic a this whirring noise would also be heard sometimes which was never heard before.
    Following Bernielhat's suggestions, I resolved the problem removing and cleaning the degraded foam "click silencer" from the solenoid actuator lever. In our case the gear was not misaligned and nothing was broken and the solenoid was working fine, it was just sticking so that the gear did not stop when it should have as the actuator would not "drop" in time and a "whirring" o fast clicking noise (like slipping gears) was heard from the side. This is because the large "double gear" has a small dent/camme where the solenoid actuator should lock on to stop it from rotating but being held back by the sticky foam it would drop after half a second missing the stop point. The gear would then rotate too far as it is spring loaded and hit the relevent primary gear. When the primary gear rotated it's gears would "slip" on the spring loaded gear and create the whirring or clicking noise which I heard as out of alignment. This subsequently misaligned the ITB black "window" which rotates on the ITB and the relevant sensor would not detect the correct position resulting in the 59.F0 error. For additional reference I will attach some photos of the solenoid and gear assembly.
    Attachment 31364Attachment 31365Attachment 31366

The solenoid can be dismantled easily (the photos show the solenoid without the actuator which I already removed): after unscrewing the 2 screws from the solenoid assembly, remove the solenoid from the gear assembly lifting and rotating it out. Then carefully remove the actuator spring and lift off the metal actuator by slightly tilting it to one side and lifting it off, it's easier said than done. Clean off the black adhesive pad using some alcohol or solvent. I used first my finger then some alcohol and my nails to remove the remaining adhesive. Remount it the opposite way, first the actuator then the spring and place it back in the gear subassembly taking care of lifting the metal actuator with a small screwdriver while inserting it back into position as it will get in contact with the gear if not pressed back. Hold it there and put the 2 screws back into place.

Attachment 31367

The "clicking" is barely noticeable once the printer is closed up and running so I don't really know why hp decided to place that pad there. It took me 4 hours to get the thing apart and back together as there is no other way to access the solenoid. The contact surface is large so it won't consume or dent the actuator in any way.

Kudos for the sticky/foamy pad on the actuator which saved me debug time and money!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POPCADU View Post
    4 hours here too
    I never saw the post you quoted there... or maybe I saw how long it was and decided not to read it. For any one seeing it, DON'T DO THAT.

You can't put it back without either re-padding it or bending the metal to keep the plate from coming so close to the magnet. The plate magnetizes and sticks. It doesn't happen as consistently as it did with the sticky stuff, but eventually it will happen.

Most of the guys re-pad them with something. I bend the plate, as shown here:

solenoid2.jpg
    solenoid3.jpg
    solenoid4.jpg

POPCADU

Quote Originally Posted by POPCADU View Post
    4 hours here too
    and yes, made repair in the right way and replace the pad with another material...
    doing maintenance here for 16 years friend.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I never saw the post you quoted there... or maybe I saw how long it was and decided not to read it. For any one seeing it, DON'T DO THAT.

You can't put it back without either re-padding it or bending the metal to keep the plate from coming so close to the magnet. The plate magnetizes and sticks. It doesn't happen as consistently as it did with the sticky stuff, but eventually it will happen.

Most of the guys re-pad them with something. I bend the plate, as shown here:

solenoid2.jpg
    solenoid3.jpg
    solenoid4.jpg
    Genius! Never replace a solenoid/Pad again Thanks!
    Izzy

Question Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

For the hp cm4540, to get to that solenoid ? Would have to remove the fuser drive assembly to clean out that pad or bend it. My company ordered a fuser drive assembly but i'd rather not spend all those hours taking it all apart if there is a workaround to get too that solenoid, just way to busy. I got two 4540's with the same errors 59.00.F0. I’ve changed the fusers, Tb’s, dc controller pca assemblies and Sr9 sensors with no success in getting rid of that error. I’m ready to give up but want to try this solenoid fix before I throw in the towel. Thanks for all the great info you guys have posted.
    Thank you in advance

Talking Re: cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Quote Originally Posted by collazoscesar View Post
    For the hp cm4540, to get to that solenoid ? Would have to remove the fuser drive assembly to clean out that pad or bend it. My company ordered a fuser drive assembly but i'd rather not spend all those hours taking it all apart if there is a workaround to get too that solenoid, just way to busy. I got two 4540's with the same errors 59.00.F0. I’ve changed the fusers, Tb’s, dc controller pca assemblies and Sr9 sensors with no success in getting rid of that error. I’m ready to give up but want to try this solenoid fix before I throw in the towel. Thanks for all the great info you guys have posted.
    Thank you in advance

I have fixed a HP LaserJet CM4540 with this same exact error once, and I would highly recommend that you replace either the solenoid or replace the whole fuser drive assembly. However, like all the previous posts suggested, when you put a cleaned solenoid back, make sure you either put some material that won't deteriorate in the place of that pad, for about 1 to 2 millimeter, I used electrical tape myself, but alternatively you can also bend that metal plate. The idea is to simply give it enough space so the solenoid plate can de-magnetize and return it to default position. I don't know how to explain it properly, but that's the best way I can put it.

If I have to guess a frequency of the culprit of that 59.00.F0 error, I'd say the solenoid on the fuser drive assembly account for 90% of this error. Not saying that fuser, transfer belt, DC Controller PCA, or SR9 sensors can't cause this error, but majority of the time this issue is just caused by the solenoid's foam pad worn after a few years, causing the solenoid plate to stick and not returning to default position right away, and even 1/10th of a second off will cause the gears to misalign and you'll get this dreaded 59.00.F0 error.

Good luck on your repair, in my case I was able to just replace the solenoid from the new fuser drive assembly and I didn't have to replace the whole fuser drive assembly, doing so will save you quite a bit of time, as long as you have the right service manual and somewhat experienced with HP Laser Printer repair, this job should be a piece of cake, although it would still take you 2 hours minimum (most likely will take you 3 hours or so, but don't let that discourage you) which includes cleaning off the pad off the solenoid and put new materials on or bend the solenoid plate. The satisfaction you get after fixing the 59.00.F0 though, is not something that can be described by words. It's like if you fixed this 59.00.F0, you'd feel like you can take on any future 59.00.F0 coming your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina2040 View Post
    I have fixed a HP LaserJet CM4540 with this same exact error once, and I would highly recommend that you replace either the solenoid or replace the whole fuser drive assembly. However, like all the previous posts suggested, when you put a cleaned solenoid back, make sure you either put some material that won't deteriorate in the place of that pad, for about 1 to 2 millimeter, I used electrical tape myself, but alternatively you can also bend that metal plate. The idea is to simply give it enough space so the solenoid plate can de-magnetize and return it to default position. I don't know how to explain it properly, but that's the best way I can put it.

If I have to guess a frequency of the culprit of that 59.00.F0 error, I'd say the solenoid on the fuser drive assembly account for 90% of this error. Not saying that fuser, transfer belt, DC Controller PCA, or SR9 sensors can't cause this error, but majority of the time this issue is just caused by the solenoid's foam pad worn after a few years, causing the solenoid plate to stick and not returning to default position right away, and even 1/10th of a second off will cause the gears to misalign and you'll get this dreaded 59.00.F0 error.

Good luck on your repair, in my case I was able to just replace the solenoid from the new fuser drive assembly and I didn't have to replace the whole fuser drive assembly, doing so will save you quite a bit of time, as long as you have the right service manual and somewhat experienced with HP Laser Printer repair, this job should be a piece of cake, although it would still take you 2 hours minimum (most likely will take you 3 hours or so, but don't let that discourage you) which includes cleaning off the pad off the solenoid and put new materials on or bend the solenoid plate. The satisfaction you get after fixing the 59.00.F0 though, is not something that can be described by words. It's like if you fixed this 59.00.F0, you'd feel like you can take on any future 59.00.F0 coming your way.

Tina2040, Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going to pull the solenoid off off the new drive assemblies assuming i don't find any shavings or damage parts on the old fuser drive assembly. Hopefully that will finally get these two units fixed. I'm loosing to much sleep thinking and researching this error. Did you have to remove any parts to get to that solenoid once you got to the fuser drive assembly or did it just screw right off.
    Thanks again Cesar

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    cp3525 with 59.f0 error

Quote Originally Posted by collazoscesar View Post
    Tina2040, Thanks for all the great advice. I'm going to pull the solenoid off off the new drive assemblies assuming i don't find any shavings or damage parts on the old fuser drive assembly. Hopefully that will finally get these two units fixed. I'm loosing to much sleep thinking and researching this error. Did you have to remove any parts to get to that solenoid once you got to the fuser drive assembly or did it just screw right off.
    Thanks again Cesar
    that error is related to the ITB

Error Codes > HP > Color LaserJet CM4540 MFP > Code 59.00.F0