Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh MPC4503 fusing issues...

Hi out there, this is an odd one.....
    Ricoh MPC4503 offsets image on trailing edge of A3 excel colour prints.

Ok so it only happens on Excel generated prints on A3 paper. The paper is 100 gsm, but the machine has been set up to "thick 1" and will print everything else - A3/A4 ok, but on any heavily coloured areas on excel A3 prints, such as a box running the full length of the page it will offset the image at the end of the print. I guess it is a issue with the machine running the document thru before the fuser is hot enough, because after about five sheets it will settle down. On the old machines you could adjust the rotation time of the fuser before the paper was fed, but there are so many settings in there now I am not sure which would be the best setting to change.
    Firmware is up to date - fuser is perfect (copier has only done about 30K from new)
    Also - as a test I ran a full length box of dark blue from the copy function and it was perfect!!
    as I said- only on A3 excel docs... Word etc docs are OK.

Any Ideas?

Re: Ricoh MPC4503 fusing issues...

Set for thick 2 not enough information on paper type ie coated, 100 cotton , bond etc try thick 2

what driver ?is paper type set correctly in driver ?

They haven't ticked the "Edge to edge" option in the driver have they?
    On standard A3 you can get weird colour offsetting issues...edge to edge is designed for SRA3.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Smile Re: Ricoh MPC4503 fusing issues...

Hi,
    Thanks for your help, - its an odd one tho, we have tried several paper weight settings (its standard A3 paper of 100 gsm) and only occurs on Excel spreadsheets with heavy colouring in the boxes at the trailing edge. I will check the driver settings with them (although its hard work to make them understand anything other than point and print - they're just not interested...)

There is a service sheet on it but that involves bleeding out the toner levels and will wash out the colour (more issues will follow along the lines of "the colours are faded") so don't want to go that route if I can avoid it.....

Will post if I can work it out, going to set up an 03 in the workshop and play around with the settings...

This job would be great if it wasn't for the customers!!!

Thanks again guys

Steve

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Set for thick 2 not enough information on paper type ie coated, 100 cotton , bond etc try thick 2

what driver ?is paper type set correctly in driver ?
    I agree with doing thick 2...thats a standard i tell our customers to print on thicker paper (only setback is no duplex)

Are you able to post any pictures of what it looks like? And i assume you've ran color registration and ACC?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Just ran an Excel A3 doc on an mpc6003 i was testing and had similar issue
    it almost looks like the lines/image is repeated towards the end of the page
    only seemed to happen on the first few pages
    strange it only happened on prints
    if i copy the same job its ok
    i will have a look into it see what i can find
    I Used To Live To Fix Things Now i Fix Things To Live

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage tech View Post
    Hi out there, this is an odd one.....
    Ricoh MPC4503 offsets image on trailing edge of A3 excel colour prints.

Ok so it only happens on Excel generated prints on A3 paper. The paper is 100 gsm, but the machine has been set up to "thick 1" and will print everything else - A3/A4 ok, but on any heavily coloured areas on excel A3 prints, such as a box running the full length of the page it will offset the image at the end of the print. I guess it is a issue with the machine running the document thru before the fuser is hot enough, because after about five sheets it will settle down. On the old machines you could adjust the rotation time of the fuser before the paper was fed, but there are so many settings in there now I am not sure which would be the best setting to change.
    Firmware is up to date - fuser is perfect (copier has only done about 30K from new)
    Also - as a test I ran a full length box of dark blue from the copy function and it was perfect!!
    as I said- only on A3 excel docs... Word etc docs are OK.

Any Ideas?
    I would look into the print driver. Machine specific PCL6 is the only way to go. Go under print server properties and do a thorough clean install of the driver.
    Convert the page to a PDF and save it. Then print the PDF to see if there is a conflict with Excel.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

What are the PM counters on the PCUs?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi there,
    Thanks for all your efforts on this one - yes (despite customer assurances that "all the drivers are correct") half the users PCs had an old 5501 driver on it (FFS!!!).

The problem is 90% user - in this particular office they cannot grasp the fact that if you want to print on thick paper you have to select it from the printer driver and either allocate a tray or set the bypass to cope with it!! Its like trying to teach sulky 14 year olds to perform a rudimentary task.

I am trying a workaround, basically I have set up all the paper trays in service mode to behave like "thick paper 2" even though on the UGI it still says plain paper.

Will keep you informed of how it goes.

Thanks again

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage tech View Post
    Hi there,

The problem is 90% user - in this particular office they cannot grasp the fact that if you want to print on thick paper you have to select it from the printer driver and either allocate a tray or set the bypass to cope with it!! Its like trying to teach sulky 14 year olds to perform a rudimentary task.

Thanks again
    It will slow down the speed; that's why some of our customers don't want to use this setting.
    Spots and smear print outs is what they get then...
    Some customers never learn!!