Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    PCU rebuild kit for '03 series

Re: PCU rebuild kit for '03 series

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i stopped using katun over 5 years ago.
    At that time the rebuild kits for the mp22 to mp1022 drums were
    crap,would scratch if you looked at it wrong..
    Maybe they changed,i think they were taken over by another company
    My problem with the same Katun rebuild kits is limp dick cleaning blades that started offsetting with a week.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    My problem with the same Katun rebuild kits is limp dick cleaning blades that started offsetting with a week.
    as one who sold a lot of 220,270,1022,2022 used machines I had about 35 "bad drum units"over time and rebuilt them to save money..
    It was FOOLS GOLD as i spent more time on recalls.
    I have done a lot of other cartridges over the years,panafax,HP etc and I just
    never thought Katun ever cared about these kits.weak blades and weak drum surface...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We started using kits supplied to us by local non- genuine parts dealer. They ran good for a while but have just started to hit some problems. Has a few kits fitted to the 60 page a minute copiers fail around the 20k mark. I have complained to supplier and they said they would pass it on to their suppliers in China but no resolution so far.
    We have two theories, first is that the latest batch of kits are using a different composition lube bar and that is contaminating the charge roller and the other is that the lube applying roller is breaking up. That said, the kits we fitted earlier on seem to be doing the job.
    Interesting to note that the charge roller supplied in the kit appears to be genuine Ricoh charge roller in a genuine looking box with the part number AD02 7050. Tried to order these directly from Ricoh but they say the number isn't valid. Makes me wonder if it is a part that Japan hasn't released to Australia or just a reasonably good Chinese fake.

Also had the local Katun dealer around the other day trying to drum up business but when asked about kits said they didn't have them yet. Since the majority of out fleet is MP C '03's and '04's they are going to miss out on a lot of potential sales.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    We started using kits supplied to us by local non- genuine parts dealer. They ran good for a while but have just started to hit some problems. Has a few kits fitted to the 60 page a minute copiers fail around the 20k mark. I have complained to supplier and they said they would pass it on to their suppliers in China but no resolution so far.
    We have two theories, first is that the latest batch of kits are using a different composition lube bar and that is contaminating the charge roller and the other is that the lube applying roller is breaking up. That said, the kits we fitted earlier on seem to be doing the job.
    Interesting to note that the charge roller supplied in the kit appears to be genuine Ricoh charge roller in a genuine looking box with the part number AD02 7050. Tried to order these directly from Ricoh but they say the number isn't valid. Makes me wonder if it is a part that Japan hasn't released to Australia or just a reasonably good Chinese fake.

Also had the local Katun dealer around the other day trying to drum up business but when asked about kits said they didn't have them yet. Since the majority of out fleet is MP C '03's and '04's they are going to miss out on a lot of potential sales.
    I found this when looking for a cheaper LFR for a sp5200 that the OEM price was insane.

IT looks like they either make ricoh parts or are copying the packaging..
    I have bought non OEM parts from china b4 and only found small issues.
    Considering cost difference I will bite on some items and be the test site.
    Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Red face Re: PCU rebuild kit for '03 series

Well, I have the kit installed in the K pcu. First time, it took a couple of hours, and be careful not to misplace the super-tiny springs on the charge roller cleaning roller. All parts went in fine. It has one of those darker green drums in the kit. I have used those in B/W equipment before, and they run a little dustier but last a long time. Now time will tell. We ordered 4 kits, and with the order they included a nifty magnetic screw retriever with a built in light. It extends to around 30 inches and has a very heavy magnetic end. You could do some serious damage if you took to whaling on somebody with it. Oh yeah, it also picks up dropped screws very well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I just talked with the NA trading rep and he said they will be coming out with a new rebuild kit in a month or so. Its in the testing phase right now.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

I have rebuilt a black pcu x mpc3003, and it worked right away, I do not know what brand was the kit, however it was a golden drum, we had done for testing (given the cost of the original spare) then I forgot it on machine that we then delivered by a customer, so we'll see how long it lasts

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

On this issue we have found the MPCxx04 PCU’s are cheaper than the MPCxx03 & are exactly the same! So simply fit a D2392240 to any MPCxx03 Metis (Black) saving is around £100 per PCU.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

yes the kits work getting 600k out of them on high volume machines
    The only time need the whole pcu is when the waste toner blocks up and snaps the coli in the cleaning unit

ps The green drums run better

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    On this issue we have found the MPCxx04 PCU’s are cheaper than the MPCxx03 & are exactly the same! So simply fit a D2392240 to any MPCxx03 Metis (Black) saving is around £100 per PCU.
    Does this only work on the Black or can you use the Colour MPCxx04 on the MPCxx03 aswell?

Regards