Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: MP2001L copies with background

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    vsp and vsdp are readings taken by the p sensor (ID sensor) immediately following the ID patch. vsdp is used for design purposes only. PWM is calculated during developer initialization and process control. It has to do with the voltage/current applied to the emitter of the p sensor in order to get a valid reading for the surface of the drum prior to the ID patch.

That all said, clean the p sensor. It is located in the PTR unit directly below the transfer roller. The sensor gets dirty and process control raises PWM. When PWM is increased, the ID patch looks lighter and process control increases the toner density causing back ground.

Dear slimslob/ Thanks for the reply
    As per I red doc the vsdp mean the value read by the ID sensor just after vsp taken( without pattern ) I don't know reason

As per the manual PWM value very from 0-255. I think 0 mean less pulse width and 255 mean higher pulse width ( high current and voltage apply to ID sensor ) and as per your explanation the dirty ID sensor mean high value for PWM. also I assume if drum potential also effect for the high value for PWM

Please advice

vsp and vsdp are readings taken by the p sensor (ID sensor) immediately following the ID patch. vsdp is used for design purposes only. PWM is calculated during developer initialization and process control. It has to do with the voltage/current applied to the emitter of the p sensor in order to get a valid reading for the surface of the drum prior to the ID patch.

That all said, clean the p sensor. It is located in the PTR unit directly below the transfer roller. The sensor gets dirty and process control raises PWM. When PWM is increased, the ID patch looks lighter and process control increases the toner density causing back ground.
    When PWM is increased, the ID patch looks lighter and process control increases the toner density causing back ground.
    Dear slim
    Can you please explain above sentence further
    How ID patch looks lighter when the PWM is increased

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP2001L copies with background

Quote Originally Posted by PA3040 View Post
    Dear slim
    Can you please explain above sentence further
    How ID patch looks lighter when the PWM is increased
    The emitter led in the sensor is brighter.

The emitter led in the sensor is brighter.
    Thanks for the reply

What kind of case the system take in to account to increase value of PWM other than dirty ID sensor

I have been experiencing the same especially after replacing a different toner. The solution then was to change the developed but going though the sp i changed sp2301 4 (transfer roller cleaning) to +1 and the background was removed. The default setting puts it at -1. After the setting change machines works well.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Which dev are you installing on first startup? B1219645 (dev28) or B1589645?

The latter is the correct one as it uses different toner to the previous models.
    I am having to eat humble pie here...

Since we have had these monsters in the field for a while now, they have started with their tricks.

Sudden dirty backgrounds and random overtoning.

Turns out that using the old B121 dev with the new toner sorts it out (nevermind what Ricoh says!)

We have done several trials in the field and we get the same result every time.

The D158 dev runs dirty after a while, especially machines that work hard. Overtoning and background is the end result no matter what else we do. Evening throwing new OEM drums at it only prolongs the suffering. One dev change and the nightmare is over.
    Press the GREEN button!!

stupident

Since we have had these monsters in the field for a while now, they have started with their tricks.

Turns out that using the old B121 dev with the new toner sorts it out (nevermind what Ricoh says!)

The D158 dev runs dirty after a while, especially machines that work hard. Overtoning and background is the end result no matter what else we do. Evening throwing new OEM drums at it only prolongs the suffering. One dev change and the nightmare is over.
    I also have an issue of overtoning and slightly dirty backgrounds on my mp2001L after 30k copies and just like the thread starter, I used b158 genuine developer and genuine toner from my supplier. Now, i would like to change the developer. Should I stick to b158 or change to b121? Pls help. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stupident View Post
    I also have an issue of overtoning and slightly dirty backgrounds on my mp2001L after 30k copies and just like the thread starter, I used b158 genuine developer and genuine toner from my supplier. Now, i would like to change the developer. Should I stick to b158 or change to b121? Pls help. Thanks.
    We have changed to b121 and never looked back. So much so we now configure new setups with b121 development to stop field issues.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I'm having the same issue: when developer 28 is installed, is it necessary to also use toner mp2000 or just stick with 2501 toner?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    I'm having the same issue: when developer 28 is installed, is it necessary to also use toner mp2000 or just stick with 2501 toner?
    We use the correct toner for the 2001/2501 but the b121 dev.

Also don't mess with non OEM drums as that makes matters worse.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Press the GREEN button!!