Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Re: What's the weirdest thing that you have ever found inside a copier,printer?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    This is a first:

Attachment 39973
    =^..^=
    Before i read your service report, I thought it was a pair of panties. You can tell where my mind's at today.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLADE View Post
    found 26 letters in a typewriter
    Quite a while ago when the IBM Executive was still being sold new I got a service call to an office. Weirdly when I got there I was told to see the office manager in his private office. Went in and he showed me the problem machine. Seems in order to avoid getting caught by the cleaning crew after everyone else left for the day a certain young lady and the supervisor stuffed her bra , which the two had removed for after work games, into the closest hiddee hole available. Which was the opening in the top of the IBM typewriter. Of course the interior of the typewriter had all sorts of links and levers that the bra snap/straps got tangled on. Why they chose the typewriter instead of a desk drawer who knows. But there I was in his office removing the bra from the typewriter while he made sure the blinds were closed and no one entered until I got it out and he could put it into his brief case. Funniest part was when I left his office I knew immediately which young lady was the owner of the bra. She saw me leaving the office and turned about the brightest shade of red a woman could. Best part was I knew to never ever say which office it happened in and never revealed the two parties.

Oh yes I also wrote the repair ticket as a simple machine jammed by foreign object

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

For now I have not had these beautiful experiences like yours.

The only strange thing was when I opened the door of a printer and I asked myself: What is electronics doing in this dust?

There was so much dust that I almost had to replace the vacuum cleaner bowl.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

I went to a call years ago for the adf jamming. Once I removed the round of ammo from the paper path, it worked fine.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts

I'm glad you were able to disarm that dangerous doc feeder.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fixthecopier View Post
    Once I removed the round of ammo from the paper path, it worked fine.
    The doc feeder or the ammo....?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    I'm glad you were able to disarm that dangerous doc feeder.

It was pretty funny because keepingbtrack of live ammo is a big deal with the military. There was a half circle of guys standing around me when I turned with the bullet in my tongs and ask "Who wants to claim this?" They all took 1 step back and their mouths dropped open. I tossed it to one of them and said that I was sure they would give it to the Sargent Major. I then reminded them that they could not make more ammo using the copier.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

It was pretty funny because keepingbtrack of live ammo is a big deal with the military. There was a half circle of guys standing around me when I turned with the bullet in my tongs and ask "Who wants to claim this?" They all took 1 step back and their mouths dropped open. I tossed it to one of them and said that I was sure they would give it to the Sargent Major. I then reminded them that they could not make more ammo using the copier.
    Should've told the guys the U.S. Enterprise replicator is broken, I'll get Spock to look at it asap....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

I went to a call years ago for the adf jamming. Once I removed the round of ammo from the paper path, it worked fine.

damn and I looked for HOURS for that damn round! please return it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    damn and I looked for HOURS for that damn round! please return it to me.

Having worked on Fort Bragg for almost 20 years, I am really disappointed that I never found one with real bullet holes in it. Threats were made, but noone followed through.