Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Brother MFC L8650cdw

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    check your inbox
    In the service manual it shows on page 197 under step 1 of the fuser assy. removal, a back flapper holder that needs removed. I believe that to be the guide we are trying to locate a number for.

Thanks
    Chris
    TJL Copy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just wondering if you had any thoughts on the aforementioned guide? Is there another series of this machine that might be similar to this who's parts manual might show that piece? Curiosity only really. The customer said for the most part it runs fine without it so long as they don't duplex then it tends to jam.

Thanks for all the help
    Chris
    TJL Copy

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Brother MFC L8650cdw

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Just wondering if you had any thoughts on the aforementioned guide? Is there another series of this machine that might be similar to this who's parts manual might show that piece? Curiosity only really. The customer said for the most part it runs fine without it so long as they don't duplex then it tends to jam.
    Thanks for all the help
    Chris
    TJL Copy
    I had pointed out the guide... it IS NOT in the fuser IPB... but rather FRAME diagram look at #7 ( i believe )

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I had pointed out the guide... it IS NOT in the fuser IPB... but rather FRAME diagram look at #7 ( i believe )
    I apologize I thought I had replied to this already but obviously I didn't. #7 is the guide with the 4 little rollers in it. I've attached the picture from the book of the guide we were looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Brother MFC L8650cdw

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    I apologize I thought I had replied to this already but obviously I didn't. #7 is the guide with the 4 little rollers in it. I've attached the picture from the book of the guide we were looking for.
    did a search in the PM of the back flapper mentioned in the SM... no such bird...

sat on hold with TS for 20mins until I got disconnected ( must have been their break time? )

will try again later.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

did a search in the PM of the back flapper mentioned in the SM... no such bird...

sat on hold with TS for 20mins until I got disconnected ( must have been their break time? )

will try again later.
    No worries. It's just more for curiosity now than anything else. I did misspeak with the picture numbers. #7 is the plate in front of #8 but it shows 2 screws securing it. Which is what I was trying to say, but it's Friday and my attention level to detail was low. haha

Appreciate the effort anyhow
    Chris
    TJL Copy

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

These rollers are parts of Fuser unit unfortunately. They will come separated like in picture when new Fuser is purchased.
    Don't think only rolers with that little plastic guide can be purchased separate.
    Fuser.jpg
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Brother MFC L8650cdw

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    These rollers are parts of Fuser unit unfortunately. They will come separated like in picture when new Fuser is purchased.
    Don't think only rolers with that little plastic guide can be purchased separate.
    Fuser.jpg
    we have determined that guide is NOT the one in question.. but thanks for trying.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Well, my bad. Interestingly they seems to omited this Back flapper holder. Only found shadow of it in MFC-L8900CDW/L9570CDW parts list.
    Нevertheless, NО part number.

Flapper.jpg
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Brother MFC L8650cdw

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Well, my bad. Interestingly they seems to omited this Back flapper holder. Only found shadow of it in MFC-L8900CDW/L9570CDW parts list.
    Нevertheless, NО part number.

Flapper.jpg
    yup I ran into the same issue... thanks for trying