ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

HP T series plotters, belt pulley comes out

A few years ago I had a call on a "T" series plotter, can't remember the model. The belt pulley was on the floor. With 1 hour left in my Friday, and having just had a tooth pulled hours eariler, I was not going to start til Monday. This pissed the woman off, and she got someone else.

Just had a call from base. They have a T7100, and the belt pulley came out. They wanted me to get them a pulley and they were goi ng to put it in themselves. I had a good laugh at that one. Told them I need to look at it.

I called Eddie at LPT. He has never heard of one coming out. Has anyone else had this issue? I assume something else has to be broke. Can't picture how it would come out. Will not see the machine til maybe Monday.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: HP T series plotters, belt pulley comes out

I've seen a few where the plastic axle through the roller breaks. I had one that was broken and I managed to just put it back together since the tensioner holds it all together. It's still running like that. I got one to replace it, it's been sitting on my desk for about 2 years. I think it's a T1100 though.

The only way to get that part is to order the belt. Unless you have a spare tensioner and roller from any of the 4000/4500/Z-series printers.

Kiran

PS - Some belts don't include the tensioner, which is a problem if it's broken. I don't know what HP expects you to do in that case.

By the way, this may be useful to some when you want to know if a part is used in another printer. When you look up a part number on the HP Parts store, and click the part number in the result, it shows all the other printers that part is related to. It's not always 100% accurate but it's still pretty useful, I find.

firefox_2018-08-24_09-01-16.jpg

Kiran

The only way to get that part is to order the belt. Unless you have a spare tensioner and roller from any of the 4000/4500/Z-series printers.

I noticed that some years ago. I ordered a belt that I remember came with that "roller", but, it wasn't in the box.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

The pulley should come right out if the belt breaks. So they need a belt if they have a pulley in their hands. Unless they tried to take it apart and they broke the pulley or something.

I don't know. Customers do weird things sometimes.