Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Technician

Re: Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Everything working OK, but how do you keep the machines from going OFF LINE. Both Kyocera and the others show that they are reporting to be OFF LINE under KFS when I can print to them with not problem. . Is there a setting that will keep them ON LINE and not reporting that they are OFF LINE?
    Thanks
    Set weekly timers to Sunday.....Off 2300 on 2303...should bring them back online.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    You have to call Kyocera & have them do it. If a machine was previously registered, you can default the settings in U520, but if the installing dealer never deleted it from their account, Kyocera has to get them to remove it.
    In U520 if you go to Setting: On/Off Config > and select off, Off Disables TDRS and allows you to re-register the device without any intervention from Kyocera. It resets the KFS status to factory like new status.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera - Fleet Services

Quote Originally Posted by GeneOR95 View Post
    In U520 if you go to Setting: On/Off Config > and select off, Off Disables TDRS and allows you to re-register the device without any intervention from Kyocera. It resets the KFS status to factory like new status.
    Slowly reread my post. If the original dealer doesn't delete the machine from the KFS system, you won't be able to register it. When you try, after reinitializing U520, KFS knows the machine already exists in the database. You have to get them to delete it from KFS so you can register it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Slowly reread my post. If the original dealer doesn't delete the machine from the KFS system, you won't be able to register it. When you try, after reinitializing U520, KFS knows the machine already exists in the database. You have to get them to delete it from KFS so you can register it.
    I have done this numerous times and was able to register the equipment as new. You do not need the other dealer to do anything. We purchased quite a few Kyocera "Kick Off" machines that were on the Kyocera show fleet services system. The tech rep advised me to use the U520 to clear them and it works.

Kyocera - Fleet Services

I've tried twice, and you still don't get it.................
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I've tried twice, and you still don't get it.................
    I have performed this function on 30+ pieces of equipment and it has worked every time. I successfully removed the device from KFS completely, allowing me to register it like it was new out of the box. I clearly do get it and use it often.

Kyocera - Fleet Services

It does work IF the original dealer that had it on KFS, deleted the machine from THEIR KFS account before selling/returning it. We get machines returned off lease that we've sold as a national account. I can't register it on KFS if the installing dealer never deleted it from their account. U520 doesn't take care of it. You have to call Kyocera and have them delete the machine from the KFS database so you can register it.
    I've had to call to have it done.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

It does work IF the original dealer that had it on KFS, deleted the machine from THEIR KFS account before selling/returning it. We get machines returned off lease that we've sold as a national account. I can't register it on KFS if the installing dealer never deleted it from their account. U520 doesn't take care of it. You have to call Kyocera and have them delete the machine from the KFS database so you can register it.
    I've had to call to have it done.
    I don't know what you are doing but it does work with out any body deleting anything from KFS. I just did it yesterday afternoon. In every instance I have cleared a machine, it was on KFS in another dealer's account.I ran U520, selected Setting: On/Off Config, selected off, then turn the machine off for at least 5 seconds and turn it on. Be aware that if you then just go in and turn remote services back on it will just re-register with the original dealers settings. You must go in and put in your dealership's settings for it to work. I use the command center because it is easier but at the machine also works. As I said I have done this over 30 times, with equipment that was still on KFS under different accounts, and it works. I can not explain why it hasn't worked for you, but it always works for me.

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

I too am having the cannot connect to remote server issues and only ever on used equipment that has been registered under a different dealership name. I will contact Kyocera and ask them to clear the machine from the KFS and see if I can add it. I will keep you posted. Yes have the correct URL, Yes have the correct access code, and yes cleared the previous info using 520

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

I can confirm that indeed removing the machine from prior kfs dealer list solved this issue