Thread: Office 365

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Office 365

We've got several newer MFP's that stopped working with office 365 credentials. Using gmail works, but we'd rather use office 365.

Anyone else having issues sending email through office 365?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Office 365

Re: Office 365

You might need to update the firmware on those MFP's..... They need to be TLS enabled. Office 365 has forced a couple of my customers with slightly older machines to upgrade, since the manufacturer isn't offering firmware updates to adjust for the newer security settings. Same with SMB.... Microsoft basically killed SMB v1 due to the "Wanna Cry" virus attack a while back.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ridgemill's Avatar

If it has worked in the past then see: Office 365 scan to email

Your settings may be different depending on your model.

Technician

With Sharp machines (MX2640 and upwards), we've successfully done the following:

You have to put a < and a > before and after the Reply Email Address within the SMTP setting within the Network Settings section, like so:

<joebloggs@office365emailaddress.com>

This works for us.

It doesn't work on other manufacturers kit, as the browser interface won't allow you to put those extra characters in the reply email address field, says something along the lines of "invalid characters"

Hope this helps you guys, we've had a ton of calls on this.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Office 365

Since you apparently do not know how to do an internet search, I did one for you. here is the link directly to Microsoft support document on how to set up an MFP scan to Office 365. Option 1 requires TLS/StartTLS. Until recently many MFP do not support TLS/StartTLS even with firmware updated. Option 2 only allows you to send to recipients within your Office 365 domain. Option 3 is only recommended for when nothing else works.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Since you apparently do not know how to do an internet search, I did one for you. here is the link directly to Microsoft support document on how to set up an MFP scan to Office 365. Option 1 requires TLS/StartTLS. Until recently many MFP do not support TLS/StartTLS even with firmware updated. Option 2 only allows you to send to recipients within your Office 365 domain. Option 3 is only recommended for when nothing else works.
    Did you read the part where I said: "We've got several newer MFP's that stopped working with office 365 credentials."

That means they were already setup with Office 365. Had worked fine for a few months, then stopped working.
    You shouldn't have a condescending tone while giving inappropriate advice.

Anyway, for anyone interested in what actually did fix it:

*****Fixed******* The sent box for Office 365 has a finite amount of items allowed. Once it gets full, it stops sending email. This only happens for an email account just being used by a copier. For regular users the sent box gets flushed out when they logoff. Once we logged in as the copier's email account and cleared out the sent items it started working again, with the Office 365 credentials.
    *****Fixed*******

Last edited by D_L_P; 11-14-2018 at 04:01 AM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Office 365

Quote Originally Posted by D_L_P View Post
    Did you read the part where I said: "We've got several newer MFP's that stopped working with office 365 credentials."

If you are going to give a red card for that, which you did, let me instruct that red cards are primarily supposed to be given for violation of Forum Rules. I am posting this in an open thread so that others can know the type of character that you are.

That means they were already setup with Office 365. Had worked fine for a few months, then stopped working.
    You shouldn't have a condescending tone while giving inappropriate advice.

Where I come from, if you talk like that to those who are your seniors, since you have provided no personal information in your profile one can only assume that you are a green apprentice, you're liable to be pounding dirt looking for another career.

Anyway, for anyone interested in what actually did fix it:

*****Fixed******* The sent box for Office 365 has a finite amount of items allowed. Once it gets full, it stops sending email. This only happens for an email account just being used by a copier. For regular users the sent box gets flushed out when they logoff. Once we logged in as the copier's email account and cleared out the sent items it started working again, with the Office 365 credentials.
    *****Fixed*******

So you set yourself for failure. The intelligent people when setting up an MFP to do scanning normally use an existing monitored email account so that when an error occurs they receive an email notification such as 'rejected by addressee due to Inbox full' or 'Unknown addressee'