Senior Tech 100+ Posts

t2500 can't clear lines & bands

Still have quality problem on this machine. Attachments are included. Printhead is newly installed. Ramps and valves motor replaced. Did all calibrations, alignments & cleanings that the machine would allow. A separate post would address why some calibrations ask to 'load valid paper' without the manual saying what's valid. Anyway I can't seem to eliminate the alternating bands and fine dark lines. The dark lines don't show up in the lighter areas of the print. Someone suggested the printhead might have come bad. I don't have any spare ones to play with, and it seems like you need an act of congress to get HP to correct their problem. I appreciate any input from someone who has had similar problems. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: t2500 can't clear lines & bands

I forgot to add, these are copies,which presumably would eliminate software. Firmware was also updated. Standard drawing plans look normal, & internal demo prints look perfect.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    t2500 can't clear lines & bands

It's the mode that the printer is printing in, which in this case is unidirectional. Which is fine for CAD/line drawings, but when it's a raster image, the printer has to overlay each pass of the carriage, otherwise you get the obvious single bands you're seeing.

So you're either telling the printer to print in 'draft' mode, or you're telling it the wrong kind of media is loaded. If it's not happening with the demo prints, then I would assume you have the correct media type picked. So in the driver when you print, you need to select a higher print quality. I don't have the driver installed to look at but it should be a simple setting.. a slider or drop-down to pick a higher quality.

Also you can check the printhead status by printing the Image Quality Maintenance diagnostic image through the front panel.

Some calibrations require HP Instant Dry Photo Gloss, I believe. But I don't think you need to do any of that.

And I just noticed you said these are copies, so you scanned and printed; make sure you calibrate the scanner with the calibration sheet. Make sure the scan setting 'copy quality' is not set to Fast. Set it to Normal, or Best. Make sure the 'Content Type' is set to Photographic Image, not drawing. It has the same effect as what I mentioned above.

Kiran

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you Kiran. I'm impressed by your knowledge of these things. I feel like I'm on a need to know basis concerning the plotters. I might have gotten familiar with one, not seen it in a long time, and then have to learn it all over again. I'll try the suggestions, I hope it's not anything else weird.