Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP6002 Light prints/copies

Are you using OEM Toner??? I have discovered that non OEM Toner tends to shed off the drum and foul the ID sensor. And yes, alcohol can fog the acrylic lens of the sensor!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP6002 Light prints/copies

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Are you using OEM Toner??? I have discovered that non OEM Toner tends to shed off the drum and foul the ID sensor. And yes, alcohol can fog the acrylic lens of the sensor!!!

What I have encountered in the past is that the brush can cause dusting of the ID sensor when techs try to correct light print by forcing toner. This results in an over toned condition and toner dusting everywhere. At one time Ricoh had introduced a different brush to help correct a spotting problem with drums. Also helped with frequent dusting of the ID sensor.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    What I have encountered in the past is that the brush can cause dusting of the ID sensor when techs try to correct light print by forcing toner. This results in an over toned condition and toner dusting everywhere. At one time Ricoh had introduced a different brush to help correct a spotting problem with drums. Also helped with frequent dusting of the ID sensor.
    Also keeping the dev unit filters clean helps prevent excessive fouling!Ricoh MP6002 Light prints/copies

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

And dont clean the drum mylar with anything but water.
    if you use alcohol or windex it will dry it out and destroy it..

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Is the coverage of black on a high level? Try checking the settings of SP 2209 (toner supply rate).

Check the reading on VSG and VSP. Vsg should be at 3.98 to 4 considering you are running on new drum. Vsp should be at 0.1 to 0.20 when the image is solid.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I had a similar machine.. I replaced the dv, dv unit, and the toner add sensor on the toner hopper. So far, so good.

I have several of these on a campus. I have also seen the toner hopper go bad. try turning the toner supply gear on the back of the toner hopper. if it is too stiff or squeaking it might enough to stop the toner clutch from working. Another quick way to tell is run forced toner once and see if the copy quality changes. If it doesn't it could be that toner hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantech View Post
    Try running SP3-001-002 ID sensor initialization. After that runs, check the ID sensor voltages. VSG should be 4.0V and VSP should be about 1/10 that (maybe 0.4V or close). These are SP3-003 1 & 2 respectively. If you see a 5.0V or 0V on any of those replace the ID sensor. If this machine is low volume try running SP2-962 forced process control. Then check copy quality and ID sensor again. Don't force tone the machine you will wind up with a mess. Let process control tone itself up. Also check drum conditions VL. SP3-902-008. This should be under +300. Make sure the developer unit filter is clean. If it clogs up pressure builds up in the dev unit and holds back toner during copying and that will not show low toner, just light copies.
    This worked beautifully. After running 2962 the quality was restored to spec. Would doing a 2801-1 be a good idea to initialize the developer again or is that not necessary?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP6002 Light prints/copies

Quote Originally Posted by bpvinson View Post
    This worked beautifully. After running 2962 the quality was restored to spec. Would doing a 2801-1 be a good idea to initialize the developer again or is that not necessary?
    Not a good idea if quality is good and does not fade.