Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    The issue in this month's Windows 7/Server 208 R2 patches are related to back end authentication issues.

You'll have issues if your scanning is set using one, or both, of the following:

1. Scan destination is set using an IP address instead of a host name
    2. You're using a local account, instead of a domain account, to authenticate to the share with the account used also being an administrator on the PC or server hosting the share

An update has also been released to fix the underlying NTLM issue: Microsoft Update Catalog

Currently, it's only available from the Windows Update Catalog site, it hasn't been pushed to workstation Windows Updates or WSUS.
    Agree with this...

My simple fix this last week for the tons of scanning calls that came in was to change their scans account that i created for smb scanning from an administrator to a standard user. Temporary get around. (scans accounts shouldn't have been set to an admin anyways).

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopierNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copier addict View Post
    We are done with SMB scanning. It isn't reliable enough anymore. We are switching everyone to email scanning. Once it is setup it is much easier for user to create new one-touches.
    Scan to HDD, User Boxes are more reliable in my opinion. There is no need of internet and user will not have to open mail accounts and then download from there. Its quite simple and reliable.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Here is a fix. I had a client with a Kyocera machine that stopped scanning to folder last week. This video shows how to fix the problem

YouTube

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by KMFLT3CH View Post
    Emphasis on "once it is set up"

I have far too many IT departments who haven't got a clue as to what info/settings they need to supply us in order to get scan to email working, usually those are the ones using office365 or gmail for scanning . But yes, once set up, it is the best method for scanning IMO.
    I am glad when the customer is using Gmail, it is relatively easy to set up. Office365 on the other hand is like most other microsoft products, unnecessarily complicated and not user friendly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

My KonicaMinolta's were showing "server connect errors". A couple were fixed today with the Downloaded patch from Microsoft. KB4487345.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by CopierNerd View Post
    Scan to HDD, User Boxes are more reliable in my opinion. There is no need of internet and user will not have to open mail accounts and then download from there. Its quite simple and reliable.

This right here!! From hence forward, when installing a KM box at a customer location I go straight to User Box and install Pagescope Box Operator on each workstation. Twain scanning is far more reliable than SMB or email scanning.

Lee

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post
    This right here!! From hence forward, when installing a KM box at a customer location I go straight to User Box and install Pagescope Box Operator on each workstation. Twain scanning is far more reliable than SMB or email scanning.

Lee

My customers would chase me out of their office with a broom!

Aging Tech 10,000+ Posts
    SMB ISSUE WINDOWS 7

Quote Originally Posted by BHM View Post
    My customers would chase me out of their office with a broom!
    I agree. Nothing like a five step procedure to make people love scanning. Lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KMFLT3CH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjurls View Post

Lee
    My customers and their IT department would laugh at me if I suggested this. Scanning to a shared folder (or individual shared folders) on a server is much more convenient, especially for high-profile customers such as attorneys offices, government/state accounts, etc. which is all I really service. They won't even allow you to touch their computers let alone install some twain software.