Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician

Re: microsoft edge pdf print error

I just spoke to MIcrosoft edge regarding my issue they told me for $120 they can fix it.
    If thy know the fix y aren't they just updating this bug?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    microsoft edge pdf print error

Quote Originally Posted by Up to date Tech View Post
    I just spoke to MIcrosoft edge regarding my issue they told me for $120 they can fix it.
    If thy know the fix y aren't they just updating this bug?
    My question... WHY use such a crappy software? Many better choices out there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Our general rules with any printing related issues
    1. KX driver only. Set to standard PCL and on a TCP/IP port.
    2. No WSD port or inbox driver! Ever!
    3. No printing from Edge, IE, Chrome etc of PDFs
    4. Always print from the native application, ie Acrobat DC etc.
    5. On Macs, no print from Preview. Always open in Acrobat and print in Acrobat.
    6. The final “fix all” if nothing above has resolved it and it is a PDF document issue, select “print as image” in the advanced tab in Acrobat.

So often on our HelpDesk one, or sometimes all of the above are the cause of print issues.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    My question... WHY use such a crappy software? Many better choices out there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    they will have to change the default for over 300 pc. and as usual the IT dosnt wanna do it and blames it on the copy machine

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Up to date Tech View Post
    they will have to change the default for over 300 pc. and as usual the IT dosnt wanna do it and blames it on the copy machine
    If IT is managing 300 pc's, they are most likely doing it through Group Policy and making a change in the default pdf program could be pushed out overnight. If they knew what they were doing not only could they change the default pdf program but program the change for the 300 users to download and install the chosen program from their server(s). Not extremely difficult to do, but it does take some work and knowledge, which I find from experience most can not handle.

This is an ongoing issue with any browser printing PDF's, the browser renders the PDF, over riding the print driver, had one last week with Chrome doing same thing, and as always, prints fine from a dedicated PDF viewer.
    Edge is using Chrome as a backend now, even MS gave up on making their own browser! The only reason anyone still uses Explorer is older program software dependancies, but where IE was bad, Edge is just dreadful...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It's all part of Micro$quash's effort to push everything to the Cloud. You will wind up with a box that has 8-16 GB of Ram, a network connection, and a browser...and that's all. No drive storage on the machine, very few or no "apps" on the unit at all...everything will be online.

Good luck finding a laptop with an optical drive anymore.....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    It's all part of Micro$quash's effort to push everything to the Cloud. You will wind up with a box that has 8-16 GB of Ram, a network connection, and a browser...and that's all. No drive storage on the machine, very few or no "apps" on the unit at all...everything will be online.

Just bought a brand new lenovo for field It has an optical drive. Many of the models I looked at did.

And as far as print dialogue in a browser, Chrome and Firefox have no issue -- Firefox opens the systems print dialogue, and chrome has a button to ""print using system dialogue"-- and can actually be configured to DISABLE the built-in print-preview and use the system's dialogue.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post

Re.Cloud Computers.
    They're also known as a TTY Dumb Terminal. Old old network systems where once all dumb PC TTY terminals.

Re. Dumb Terminal Revival.
    In my opinion, maybe a dumb terminal for internet censorship or PC dictatorship similar to some Asian countries.
    The dumb terminal TTY system will probably required a compulsory PC access license like a vehicle license. I believe the PC license would be obtained through education systems. Every keystroke on this global dumb terminal cloud system would obviously be scrutinize at the blink of an eye. The dumb terminal user may incur Internet breaches, which would be appropriately debited from their compulsory escrow(bank) account, and remove points from their PC license.

I guess we should be grateful for the PC Internet freedom and the free speech we enjoy at present, and not grant the devil any new ideas...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ‘ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Edge is absolute crap period.

Had the argument with an architectural firm where edge did not print all the layers produced by the CAD applications or just messed up the light line weights and was just visible.
    Using Adobe the prints were perfect.
    They disputed me billing them for the call out to the point where i just dropped it. Spent an hour downloading and installing Adobe to 5 computers.
    500 page volume customer! Engineers not always as clever as you would like them to be.
    Whatever