Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

MP C3000 toner pump

Have the infamous loading toner msg on black, replaced the pump, still wasn't loading, so replaced with another new pump..... Toner still not getting to dev unit.

I've done dozens of these pumps in the past with no issues.

Vacuumed out the toner hopper, replaced the hose, verified the shutters on dev and pump are opening. If I disconnect the hose at the pump, it is filled with toner, but if I cover the dev inlet, run force add toner, there is no toner sitting there(maybe a tiny splash )

I can't recall what motors drives pump, but the drive gears appear to be spinning, but I can't be certain if they are moving when the pump clutch engages.

I just can't figure out why I have toner in a fresh tube leading to the pump, but no toner coming out of the pump.

FYI, if I manually add toner to dev, the machine is satisfied and msg goes away. I currently added toner manually and turned off end detection until I return.

Thanks!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MP C3000 toner pump

If mechanical every things is ok. Then maybe it has a electrical problem. Like you said normally you change pump, vacuum hose or replace it. clean out senor that is over in the toner area and open close front door once or twice and everything works. try seeing if power is getting to pump. check electrical schematic see where 24vdc comes from board and should should return to other signal side showing 24vdc until activated. sorry i don't have the electrical schematic for that copier.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Have the infamous loading toner msg on black, replaced the pump, still wasn't loading, so replaced with another new pump..... Toner still not getting to dev unit.

I've done dozens of these pumps in the past with no issues.

Vacuumed out the toner hopper, replaced the hose, verified the shutters on dev and pump are opening. If I disconnect the hose at the pump, it is filled with toner, but if I cover the dev inlet, run force add toner, there is no toner sitting there(maybe a tiny splash )

I can't recall what motors drives pump, but the drive gears appear to be spinning, but I can't be certain if they are moving when the pump clutch engages.

I just can't figure out why I have toner in a fresh tube leading to the pump, but no toner coming out of the pump.

FYI, if I manually add toner to dev, the machine is satisfied and msg goes away. I currently added toner manually and turned off end detection until I return.

Thanks!
    DID you install a new or used pump?
    Did you reference the dev VT readings and try forced k toner a few times to see if its moving into dev unit?

D

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    DID you install a new or used pump?
    Did you reference the dev VT readings and try forced k toner a few times to see if its moving into dev unit?

D
    Also did you try a new or a used hose? Ricoh now sells them as a set and recommends that they are replaced as a set with new parts. Anything else and you are asking for trouble.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

New pumps. 1st time I just vacuumed the hose, second new pump I took the time to replace the hose. I did not reference vt (I can usually diagnose without). Also I can check and hear the pump clutch in output mode.

To check if toner is making it into dev unit, I just made a small cup or bowl out of paper and wedge it into the dev inlet, when doing a force toner add, no toner is sitting in my little bowl

Does anyone know what motor drives the pump? Is it with the drum or dev or something else? Want to double check with output modes that the gears are turning

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

All 4 pumps are driven by the the toner attraction motor and a chain of flat belts. Black is the last on the chain of belts so the fourth belt could be broken.

One other thing to check. When you remove the hose from the bottom of the nozzle assembly, does any toner fall out?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have had to replace a pump 3-4 times before I got a good one before. The clutch gets damaged in shipment somehow. See how much play is in the clutch plates on the pump. If they move side to side any at all by hand, the pump is junk, get another or 3 lol... I have replaced more than I can count, and the newer as well (ie 5000,4501,4502,etc).

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    I have had to replace a pump 3-4 times before I got a good one before. The clutch gets damaged in shipment somehow. See how much play is in the clutch plates on the pump. If they move side to side any at all by hand, the pump is junk, get another or 3 lol... I have replaced more than I can count, and the newer as well (ie 5000,4501,4502,etc).

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Thanks skinnyb! I had a similar experience earlier today;

I pulled the IBT, the M and BK PCU units, taped the shutter open on the pump, and cheated the front door. Ran 5804 output check on the toner relay drive, then engaged the bk pump clutch...... nothing, then stuck my hand in and jiggled the pump clutch stopper arm and BOOM toner started spitting out.

Pulled the pump out, inspected, realized there was a bit of play in the clutch on the pump, found the inner sleeve that holds the pump together had a broken clip. So the clutch had separated enough to not engage. (the first pump worked after re-installing....this may have been because i didn't do the hose/tube the first time)

Now the density is nice and dark and holds when detection is turned off, but as soon as i turn detection on, it prints 1 page and then says "no toner". I've had this happen before but cant remember if it was due to the chip on the toner going bad, or the developer ratio getting f-ed up

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP C3000 toner pump

I write in Spanish but I use the google translator so, I hope it is as accurate as possibleI thought the same, it was the bombs, but one another, one day when blowing the hose and trying again ... full, I work super wellI do this firstAre you using generic toner, or worse, recharge?If it is original toner, first remove all units, image units, transfer etc.I turn the machine on by closing the door opening sensor, leaving it open.the pump has a sheet that, when entering the unit, runs and allows the passage of toner from the hose, to the development unit, keep in mind.I place paper under the pumpsI enter serviceI press 5804037 onlow and look5804130 on5804134 onand inside the machine I run the pump bladethere, at first hand, will know if it serves or notcheck if toner falls, if they are bin the motors and clutchesin case of not feeding toner.release the hose from the pump, uncover the back, release the hose,, go out and put a bag covering the hose so that when it blows, there is no danger.Blows.reinstall the hose.and come back and try the codes.Most of the time it was this.Greetings and I hope you understand my english but always with the desire to help with small, very small personal tips

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

with accounts using non OEM toner I see a lot more toner pump failures..Might be the size and lack of quality control with generics