Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Horizontal lines on doc feeder only

Re: Horizontal lines on doc feeder only

Quote Originally Posted by MP C5502 Fan View Post
    Well, I'm not completely brain dead... clearly I wouldn't waste everyone's time and energy if the problem were so obvious.
    Famous last words before possibility of inserting foot into mouthUNLESS they are printing onto paper that ALREADY has lines on it (I've seen that too).
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

You have something like spots of clear adhesive or ink on the slit glass. Regular cleaning with glass cleaner will not work. Use ink remover as mikadonovan said or what I have always used are alcohol prep pads.

worker drone 250+ Posts

The invention of the gel pen was a bad day for the common document feeder. Write great but ink dries too slow. Someone signs a paper, runs it thru feeder before ink dry and the streaks begin.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    The invention of the gel pen was a bad day for the common document feeder. Write great but ink dries too slow. Someone signs a paper, runs it thru feeder before ink dry and the streaks begin.
    And unlike white out it is very hard to see.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

i have over looked spots on the slit glass before. perhaps you have tried this already? only a suggestion. you have laid the document face up on the platen and traced the line over the slit? i have found a few using that method that i didn't see just looking at it. and even after having wiped it off several times. and i have moved my angle of view as sometimes overhead light hits it differently and then i spot it. but you have probably tried all of that already. im with everyone else sure sounds like the slit glass.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    i have over looked spots on the slit glass before. perhaps you have tried this already? only a suggestion. you have laid the document face up on the platen and traced the line over the slit? i have found a few using that method that i didn't see just looking at it. and even after having wiped it off several times. and i have moved my angle of view as sometimes overhead light hits it differently and then i spot it. but you have probably tried all of that already. im with everyone else sure sounds like the slit glass.
    This works quite nicely I've done it many times.

Usually when the poster ignores the specific item that I specifically mentioned, it's because they don't know what the hell I'm talking about. #2) and #5)
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Dear Sir.
    On joining CTN you are among some of the top hands-on Copier Tech collective in the entire world.
    I myself are grateful, and sometimes humbled, for the collective technical expertise available from CTN.

A friendly hint --if you're going to pee on something, be sure not to pee into a strong head wind.

Copier ADF Fault:
    Check for fur, felt , hair hanging down from the doc feeder when you put the ADF down.
    The felt/hair might be blocking the slit glass. If its a single pass double sided ADF check for dust in the optics strip.

HTH

P.S. Don't forget to post the problem resolve back here. In a gratitude of thanks, it may help someone else.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 05-09-2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

If I am having this issue, I take the slit glass off the copier and then clean both sides, and then clean the mirrors underneath

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I personally have ran into this issue on multiple occasions, where the offending marks on the scanner glass were not visible to the eye. Removal of the scan glass and a good cleaning with ink remover always took care of it. If that is a second side duplexed original, the cis would be the culprit (previously mentioned in this thread).
    Thanks for this - I'll definitely do that. I cleaned it quickly with an alcohol pad, but this didn't help. I will try to do a more thorough job. (This is the not a duplex copy btw.)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    That's exactly the procedure we give customers over the phone. It's amazing how many just don't see a blob of tippex the size of a pea until they line up the paper.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk