Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Can I use a mpc4502 control panel on a mpc3002?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Let us know if it works! Inquiring minds would like to know.
    will do
    have not bought the panel yet still trying to get it cheaper as other machines are more important right now..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just fitted MPC4500 LCD to MPC2000 and it worked fine.

As this mpc3002 i wanted to revive was just to test my fuser rebuilds for that series i waited for a cheap option.
    I ended up finding a mp400/mp5002 b/w OP PANEL.
    IT identical and came up w/out even doing any FW updates..Will do the OP panel FW for the mpc3002

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    As this mpc3002 i wanted to revive was just to test my fuser rebuilds for that series i waited for a cheap option.
    I ended up finding a mp400/mp5002 b/w OP PANEL.
    IT identical and came up w/out even doing any FW updates..Will do the OP panel FW for the mpc3002
    just did the mpc3002 op panel FW and then updated engine,system and all the rest in normal
    manner and I see no issues using a mp4000/mp5000 OP panel in a mpc3002......
    This is my test bed unit for some fusers i am rebuilding and need to test if aftermarket sleeves
    work without fuser codes and fuse toner properly

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good luck with those aftermarket sleeves. We tried but they failed within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by kleankopy View Post
    Good luck with those aftermarket sleeves. We tried but they failed within a few months.
    I tried one from ebay and it coded out so I did some research and can buy the ones from Japan for more $ and seem
    to be close to OEM..
    Did you change the cotton inside and did you apply a high temp lube?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kleankopy View Post
    +1 agreed.

It is a real hit and miss with the sleeves, besides all the labour involved, and potential for major headaches when pulling apart the fusing sleeve assembly.

Good luck.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    just did the mpc3002 op panel FW and then updated engine,system and all the rest in normal
    manner and I see no issues using a mp4000/mp5000 OP panel in a mpc3002......
    This is my test bed unit for some fusers i am rebuilding and need to test if aftermarket sleeves
    work without fuser codes and fuse toner properly
    Please check what happens when you open doors or get a paper jam.

I remember we did something similar and all looked fine on the surface, until the machine had to display a cover open or misfeed message...
    then the graphics was all over the place, with the df next to the machine (in the displayed graphics) and half an sr (on a machine without one!) so it maybe worth while flashing the right LCDC firmware, just to help that out.

With regards to the codes, some machines you have to reset the code regardless of replacing the sleeve unit or sleeve. Normally the sleeve units come with a fuse that will blow to reset the code. We have made a fuse "mod" which consists of a piece of wire loom, that has the correct connector at the one end, and the door switch (the MP301 right door switch works well) on the other end.

To use it is easy. Plug it onto the socket on the fusing unit and guide the loom out the machine before closing the side door.
    Enter service mode and access the fuse code reset routine as per the service manual, holding the switch active, until the point where you touch the execute button on the display. Letting go of the switch, simulates the fuse blowing, and the machine will reset the code. Power down the machine and remove the loom and switch. Reassemble and all will be well.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    +1 agreed.

It is a real hit and miss with the sleeves, besides all the labour involved, and potential for major headaches when pulling apart the fusing sleeve assembly.

Good luck.
    I agree with the potential headaches but it kills me to pay $200 plus for the sleeve assembly.
    I use to do a lot of HP printers with the same fuser sleeve design.
    It took me a while to find a reliable aftermarket sleeve that works but i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Please check what happens when you open doors or get a paper jam.

I remember we did something similar and all looked fine on the surface, until the machine had to display a cover open or misfeed message...
    then the graphics was all over the place, with the df next to the machine (in the displayed graphics) and half an sr (on a machine without one!) so it maybe worth while flashing the right LCDC firmware, just to help that out.

With regards to the codes, some machines you have to reset the code regardless of replacing the sleeve unit or sleeve. Normally the sleeve units come with a fuse that will blow to reset the code. We have made a fuse "mod" which consists of a piece of wire loom, that has the correct connector at the one end, and the door switch (the MP301 right door switch works well) on the other end.

To use it is easy. Plug it onto the socket on the fusing unit and guide the loom out the machine before closing the side door.
    Enter service mode and access the fuse code reset routine as per the service manual, holding the switch active, until the point where you touch the execute button on the display. Letting go of the switch, simulates the fuse blowing, and the machine will reset the code. Power down the machine and remove the loom and switch. Reassemble and all will be well.
    thanks.I have not run that machine as i have to reinstall toner pumps,drums and a good transfer unit.
    As far as door open and please set fuser unit,I get all the normal displays and this was after I did mpc3002 FW..
    I will update after i put all back in place.

As for the fuser reset switch I too made one using a micro door switch and the connector end from a mp6001 thermister..
    I am lucky to only need to use it once on a machine that refused to reset fuser code and refused to blow the pico fuse...