Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Thanks for that useless bit of info.Doesn't have any relavance, but thanks anyway.

So what's your point in posting here if you don't need any help, given that you've 'bought a manual' now and can fix anything.

I'll be sure to help you out when you come across any strange problem.

lialdd
    Posting here because I feel some people in here need an attitude adjustment. Like I said, if I was this unhelpful I'd be out of a job.

Hey back on topic, a quick search through the manual shows how to answer the original question for the Ricoh Aficio 1060.
    DISCLAIMER: Doing the following procedure without proper training can cause potentially cause serious problems with your copier. I provide this info without any kind of warranty. To reset the network/web config password, press Clear Mode, then type 107, hold down Clear/Stop for 3 seconds, press Copy SP, scroll down to 5828 Network Setting, press it to open that menu and press 074 Delete Password. Press Execute on the right hand side to delete the password. Then press Exit in the top-right till you're back at the normal screen. DISCLAIMER: As the intelligent experts of this forum have duly noted, entering Service Mode can seriously mess up your copier. Follow these instructions at your own risk and don't come whining if you screw something up.

There, the evil deed is done and dozens of techs in my similar situation will now be able to fix their problem without spending a ton of money on a service call. Ah, the power of the Internet.
    By the way, under some circumstances I'd agree with the forum's rhetoric that only qualified techs should be given this info, however I've worked for many poor organizations who are stuck in a situation where they either figure out how to do something for free, or they live without the device in question.
    Last edited by lialdd; 10-09-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    The way you speak makes you sound like a hero, But, that SP code does not work for all our models and the thread started with a 2232c and that particular machine doesnīt have that 074 sub code, just remember that some models require you change the NVram, remember theres always a reason for our points of view, we donīt try to confuse people, just help if possible. OK.
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

lialdd
    Quote Originally Posted by iMind View Post
    The way you speak makes you sound like a hero, But, that SP code does not work for all our models and the thread started with a 2232c and that particular machine doesnīt have that 074 sub code, just remember that some models require you change the NVram, remember theres always a reason for our points of view, we donīt try to confuse people, just help if possible. OK.
    Understood, but keep in mind that this thread is the #1 result on Google for "reset ricoh password" and is, by and large, extremely unhelpful.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Scott/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]<Posting here because I feel some people in here need an attitude adjustment.>

Are you a copier, printer or fax technician?

No? Then I think it is you that needs the adjustment.

You are asking for free advice from professional techs. Take what you can get and quit whining about the free help you don't get. There are those that will gladly help you out. Then again, there are those that will not. This is no different than asking for free advice from lawyers, doctors, tax, accounting, investment, etc. There is plenty of free advice from some. But, most will ask you to make an appointment.

nuf said..........

C G
    30 years as a copier/fax/printer tech...If a customer of mine figures out how to get in the service modes and messes something up where I have to go out and fix it, it results in a billable call, and they know it. So, I really dont care what they do. But I can also say in all this time Ive never had anyone do this. They do tend to mess up network connections though...Ill give em a pass the first couple of times they do this =)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Password Reset Help

After 25 years in this game I dont think I've come across a customer that has stuffed things up in SP mode but I know of plenty of salesmen and IT wankers that have!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Many of the IT techs who have a go its simple enough init.

Then when they find the it doesn't work (The NV ram has corrupted seen it quite a few times on various models) then panic and in many cases try 5810 or fiddle with other things and think when they do a couple of test prints and rest the ip settings all is well.
    That or learn it cancels the sp mode and allows them to keep copying and prinitng a little longer.

Then moan when we turn up and charge them a fortune when we say we can see from the sc history this level A sc code that someone else has reset it. We can refuse to repair that problem under contract and charge you a great deal to cover our costs for the parts and labour.
    We dont mind many of us get plus points for chargable calls

Its like if you try and repair the car and find out yes it could of been the simple issue but it turns out it was not or you balls it up. Then strangley the garage dont hold back on charging you either.

Be careful allowing this info in the public domain, many of your fellow IT techs will be peed off when staff decide they can reset the password. Rember the one you set to stop them tinkering with the MFP and then you have accounts on your back due to your unable to charge departments for the prints/copies made or you have to find out what settings they have changed so its ip clashs with another device.

I can think of several examples of this where a handy member of staff/user decided to play around. Thats why you locked down the network and Pc's surely? The MFP should be treated with the same care surely?

You get all the hassle and then we come in and charge as its not our fault we tried to keep such info out of the public domain.

Many techs dont care personally if you do this as we get money from it, we just know the mess some customers get into and in this climate i know of a customer who less than a month back "had a go" took there whole equitrac system down wiped a copier.
    Resulting in a days worth of work for the Network guy and a copier guy for an afternoon of one day then then the following morning, plus several parts for both the equitrac readershe used for faultfinding and of course a quite a few expensive units for the mfp. I think it was 3 or 4 grand maybe more. What it cost the company in lost productvity I have no idea but from experience its usually far higher.

He also took down the entire printing and scaning system untill the techs arrived which slowed down the entire office of three floors of a major IT software firm which is from reading the business pages of the newspapers is seeing not so good days at present.

I belive the poor guys contract was ended.

Its belived the orignal fault was software on one mfp device had become corrupted possibly just needed reloading or possibly the hdd needed replacing. But as it was under a service contract it would have been free and a pretty standard and quick call.

Many of us let It techs know info when we know their abilty and the enviroment they have with a strict understanding between the two of us what should and shouldn't be done for THEIR benefit.

Same between my IT dept and I who let myself far more access to my PC than a non techy many of staff and allow me to load some extra software as long as I stick within the agreed boundarys of what i can and cant do. If i overstep the mark then its my own problem.

login the web smart divece monitor. Login user name "supervisior". change the admin user name and password. logout web divece monitor. login new admin user name and password. change the user auth. and user code in the adress book managment and configiration

DearGod

Really? Make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by lialdd View Post
    Posting here because I feel some people in here need an attitude adjustment. Like I said, if I was this unhelpful I'd be out of a job.

Hey back on topic, a quick search through the manual shows how to answer the original question for the Ricoh Aficio 1060.
    DISCLAIMER: Doing the following procedure without proper training can cause potentially cause serious problems with your copier. I provide this info without any kind of warranty. To reset the network/web config password, press Clear Mode, then type 107, hold down Clear/Stop for 3 seconds, press Copy SP, scroll down to 5828 Network Setting, press it to open that menu and press 074 Delete Password. Press Execute on the right hand side to delete the password. Then press Exit in the top-right till you're back at the normal screen. DISCLAIMER: As the intelligent experts of this forum have duly noted, entering Service Mode can seriously mess up your copier. Follow these instructions at your own risk and don't come whining if you screw something up.
    Dear god that was so difficult to get a straight answer. Thank you lialdd you were very helpful.

As for the rest of you:
    That's fine if you want your own little special members only club. But save the rest of the trouble and remove your club from google's index so people like me don't stumble upon it. If you don't know how to, look up what a robot.txt file is and I'm sure someone will be more helpful to you then you are to us. You can't claim this is a private club when you have effectivly set up your 'clubhouse' in the middle of a public park where anyone can come and go.

I can understand any experts reluctance to give out how to access a machine's service mode for fear of possible damage. But you have to realize, if there is a person here asking, they must be adept enough to handle it since they know enough about networks, ip based adminstration, ip addressing, machine adminstration to even get to the point where they need this help. And entering the service mode of a printer is comparable to entering the bios of a computer. Both can cause extreme damage, yet how many different places will tell you what key to hit to enter bios?

Here is my story. I am a recent graduate with a degree in electrical enigineering. I am a smart guy, i even modeled a printer's OS in one of my classes. Who knows, i might get a job designing the printers you service. But right now I am finishing up the job i had while in college as an office's tech coordinator. Our ip range recently expanded and our printer, a Ricoh Aficio 2027 had been set by a previous tech to only accept jobs from the then ip range that now needed to be expanded, and btw he forget to write down the password he set for the web admin mode so i needed to reset it. A few minutes of googling and i am here, digging through pages of high and mighty pricks before i finally get a straight, simple answer on how to reset the password. I was able to reset it using those steps and GUESS WHAT!!!! The printer didn't self destruct and i didn't screw it up in any way!!!!

You wanna be an exclusive club? Then shut the club doors and remove youself from public search engines.

You're worried about 'non-techs' destroying their printers? Add a disclaimer. if they do, then it's more money towards your profession anyway.

Until you do either of these, you are going to get newbies asking dumb questions and unless you are self-proclaimed a$$h*les and admitting you are nothing but scum, then you are obligated to provide meaningful help.

Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=

IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here