service technician 50+ Posts

MP C401SR Sc502-00

went out on this call friday, customer had a jam ( jam code J018) from tray 2 (Pb1000) and they followed the instruction that machine gave them, after they open and close tray 2 it coded out with a sc502-00. after checking that there was no paper stuck behind machine and turning off/on with tray out the machine came to ready. then when you push in tray 2 it will not lift and proceeds to code out. i checked sensor flag was not broke and appears to move freely, checked that housing for lift motor connector was not broken. tried to test in output mode but found no sp mode to turn on/off motor for tray 2. am going back out there today to try some other test as ran out of time on friday. anyone can help on sp mode code for tray 2 lift motor and what they may have had to replace if this happened to them.
    thanks for any help

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C401SR Sc502-00

Re: MP C401SR Sc502-00

It seems like I have had to enter SP mode and turn the machine off/on to clear tray codes. Make sure the pickup roller is moving up and down freely in the feed unit.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

go into service mode and see if you find 5-810 sc reset. If not just going into service mode will clear fault. Everything will run after that. Most likely something cause not to lift properly.

the code will clear as long as tray is not in the machine or fully close when you turn off/on machine, went there today and reseated board connectors and checked sensor arms, as soon as you push tray in there is no lift noises and then codes. are the lift motors on these unit (PB1000) have a high failure rate as machine is not that old and not the primary feed tray.In the test output section of manual, i see nothing for testing the optional cassettes motors or clutches, lift motor.

MP C401SR Sc502-00

If the lifts are equal, interchange them and look if the error changes to tray one
    If sometimes you feel a little useless, offended and depressed always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm of hundreds of millions!

SC5810 is for fusing reset and does not affect tray codes. 502 as stated earlier is your tray lift motor. i would say to swap it out

As it is PB1000 (only 1 tray) is it just sat on a cabinet with only 2 trays total? Try cheating it if you can without putting the tray in and see if the lift motor moves or not. If not then probably faulty. Have you manually turned the lift mechanism on the back of the tray to see that it can lift the lift plate (with and without paper on) and it's not dragging against the right hand side of the tray? I've seen that before when people knock it out of place and it can't lift properly

i talked to ricoh and they said there is no sp codes to run motor checks on the add on cassettes and the part #'s are different for the lift motors, so we have a new lift motor on order.
    thanks for the replies.