Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

The original version of "Starcraft" is free?

Back in the day I had some fun with the single player version of the original version of Starcraft, so I checked this out. It appears to be the same as before, although I don't remember the opening cut scene taking as long. But it does work on Windows 10 now. I've only played the tutorial so far, though.
    Anyway, if you're interested in that version of Starcraft, here's where I found out about it on Slashdot:
    https://games.slashdot.org/story/17/...er-its-release
    (Open those links at your own peril (the actual "Blizzard" site seems to run rather slowly for me, but that probably is my fault for using an older and inexpensive computer)).

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    The original version of "Starcraft" is free?

Re: The original version of "Starcraft" is free?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    Back in the day I had some fun with the single player version of the original version of Starcraft, so I checked this out. It appears to be the same as before, although I don't remember the opening cut scene taking as long. But it does work on Windows 10 now. I've only played the tutorial so far, though.
    Anyway, if you're interested in that version of Starcraft, here's where I found out about it on Slashdot:
    StarCraft Is Now Free, Nearly 20 Years After Its Release - Slashdot
    (Open those links at your own peril (the actual "Blizzard" site seems to run rather slowly for me, but that probably is my fault for using an older and inexpensive computer)).
    I am still trying to figure out how to make Diablo II work full screen on my Win 10 system... all the hacks and videos have not worked for me

Technician

Re: The original version of "Starcraft" is free?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to make Diablo II work full screen on my Win 10 system... all the hacks and videos have not worked for me
    You have to run it in compatability mode for windows XP I think.. and low-color mode. As far as full screen, it wasn't made for modern resolutions. I think you'll have to deal with iwndows