Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: arcade games

Jack of All Trades 50+ Posts

arcade games

Much thanks for the great forums and arcade, I love this

Anyone beaten Xeno Tactics yet? I get overwhelmed by flyers at lvl 93 and 100. Can get to 93 with only 1-2 flyers getting by me before then but even with getting rid of plasma turrents for SAMs and upgrading up to 14 AA towers I am still not getting more than a few killed. Got a picture of my maze below. Think I can not upgrade the basic turrets to squeeze in maybe 2-3 more AA towers.

Using sams instead of plasmas for the AE damage. Use to use plasmas and at lvl 48 when the boss leech looking things come, it turns hectic real fast when the plasmas choose to focus fire on the bosses. The sams hit everything albeit slower.

xenotactics picture by shadowizar - Photobucket

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/u...attempt13k.jpg

This time I focused more on killing the flyers than on scoring points and it sucked taking almost 2 hours to play just to time out and be unable to submit the score.

Instead of using turrets, I went with the cheaper walls and just a few SAM's. Made it up to 93 without losing a single alien, 7 flyers got by. At 97 I started removing all SAMS, and putting in AA towers and just moving the aliens all around the maze in an attempt to kill off enough flyers at 100 to allow me to llive then try and sell all the AA's and start redoing the SAMs to kill off the monsters that were still floating around. Failure

Starting to believe this game is unbeatable.

Beaten!

managed to kill all flyers on 93 by starting earlier with selling all the ground SAM's and changing everything into walls or AA towers. Kept the freeze turrets to keep the ground monsters slowed on the outside of the maze so everything can concentrate on the flyers. Middle was filled with 22 AA towers for level 93, and 26 for level 100. I killed enough on level 100 to get by. Once all flyers were dead, started selling all the AA towers and converting the center to SAMs/Plasmas. Pics are below. Unfortunately beating the level didn't leave an option for score submission so guess I'll have to play it again at some point.

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/u...zar/beaten.jpg

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/u...r/complete.jpg

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Thumbs up

hehe just beat all 100 levels...

10 of the flyer's got past me on level 93, apart from that it was a clean sweep.

Fairly annoyed I have been cheated out of my high score as it does not save it when you complete all the levels it just returns to selection screen grrrr.

Score was 16284
    Attached Images Attached Images

If it makes you feel better, I had 16804 when I beat it :P

Weird, the new high score is higher than the maximum possible score for the game.

hanifnoor

Re: arcade games

Using sams instead of plasmas for the AE damage. Use to use plasmas and at lvl 48 when the boss leech looking things come,

hanif