Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: First time you were exposed to games

Commodore 64. Galaxy or something like that.

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C.Vallon View Post

And then game the Gameboy, the old black and white things, haha, I remember hiding mine at night in my bed so I could play it after my mother tucked me in. Man that was hard trying to play a black and white game, in the middle of the night with nothing but the faint glow of the outside lights shining in the window to light up my screen, all the while praying I wouldn't get caught.

Good times..
    Haha good ol Game Boy! I had one too, got mine in a black color case. I had the little clip on magnifying glass/light bulb. I even got the cartridge adapter that allowed you to plug into an SNES, which allowed for big screen and something like 8 colors. I was always a little jealous of friends that got the Sega Game Gear, It was twice the size of the Gameboy but had a full backlit color screen and I think multiplayer thru some tether adapter - until you realized it ran on like 6 AA batteries or something and only lasted like and hour. Most kids stayed sitting tethered to the wall with their DC adapters. lol

NES Super Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. NES was such a solid system and had soo many great games. Kind of wish the Classic NES console that was released had RC Pro-Am, or Skate or Die. Both awesome games!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

First game I did was sticks rocks imagination and push fights with my cousins. I think the first electronic games I played was that memory one, it was a square toy with 4 white buttons that played a pattern and you played it back. Then there was this "computer" that had programs like how do you spell and you'd spell it. It had a computery male'ish voice too. Then I got into my parents atari (don't recall which one) then NES and super early PC gaming with dos games like Mickey's space adventure, oregon trail and too many to remember.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    First time you were exposed to games

never got into consoles but my first PC game was on a PC jr w. external HDD running DOS version of Star Trek

NO CRACKS ON MY AGE.. IT -=WILL=- GET YOU A RED FLAG

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

One of the first games I can remember playing (really young, like 4 or 5 years old), was on my Mother's computer Windows 95. It was called 'Jezzball'. Super addicting!!! It started with two balls bouncing around, and you had to eventually get the screen as "blacked out" as you could by "walling off" sections of the screen. You would click and a red and blue line would start extending to the edges of the field. Once they touched the edge, it turned into a "barrier", as long as the ball didn't touch it before it reached the edges. If you split the field down the middle with balls on one side, it would "black out" or "fill" the other half of the screen, giving you a smaller field to work with. Each level added another ball. I think I've made it to like 20 balls or something. Again, SUPER ADDICTING! Would recommend to anyone, even in this day and age.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

First and last was Heroes of Might and Magic III.
    I used to play it for like 10 years and I was almost as good on this game as on copiers
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

First experience with good electronic games was the arcade. Plenty of pinball, pacman and other favorites.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Born in 87. First exposure would have been NES, mario 1-3. Always a nintendo fan, from super nes to n64 and gamecube. 12th birthday I was gifted Warcraft 2 BNET edition and from there it was Command and Conquer, Diablo 2, Quake, and in general PC all tthe way

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phrag View Post
    What was your first exposure to video games?

I remember the first game I played was pac-man on a handheld device. I was addicted to the thing.
    Attachment 21971
    I don't exactly remember when it was though. I was born in 1990, and I think it was sometime before 2K came around, or maybe just after. I remember the room, and house I first played it in too.
    When you were born, I’d been playing computer games for eleven years.

My stepdad had a TRS 80 model 2 in 1979 and we could load games off of a portable cassette player. Myfavoritewas an ascii only trading/pirate ship game called Taipan. It had rudimentary animation to the combat sequences.