Thread: RPG Fan

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts C.Vallon's Avatar

RPG Fan

So, yeah. I've always been a huge RPG fan. I tend to enjoy games that have a great in depth story, sure eye candy helps, but the story is what is going to drive you to keep playing hours on end and even replay. Without a good story, the game will fail.

With that being said, lately I've found my self stuck on Dragon Age Inquisition. Not "Stuck" as in I cannot progress, but more along the lines of I'm unable to stop playing it! I can't even fully settle on a main character type, I keep jumping between the three archetypes.

And then, MMO's. Yeah, I'm one of those gamers, been so since the glory days of Everquest 1. Ah man, those had been good times, good memories. Miss those days. Though while Everquest may have slowly faded out of the lime light after the brith of World of Warcraft ( a title I did play for many, many years) now, I'm playing FFXIV A Realm Reborn. I've always been a fan of the Final Fantasy serieis, I did play XI ( as I've played nearly every FF title ), I did enjoy it. But FFXIV, the story and eye candy as well as the general game play have really gotten me back into things.

This post is mostly just a rant. The games have been on my mind lately, wanted to vent it out lol. Anyone else here actively playing either one of the two? And if not, what are your favorite RPGs, new and old?

Cool Re: RPG Fan

I have dragon age inquisition, havent really gotten into it yet, Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls 3 - Morrowind (MASSIVE game!!) my 2 favourite rpgs, both rather old now. Until they release fallout 4 im just messin with Dying Light as its prob the closest thing to a fallout 4 atm

Re: RPG Fan

I too am a heavy fan of the fallout series, though I didn't really get into it until Fallout 3. I rather enjoy the post apoplectic story line, though going back it does "feel" like it needed more "random encounters". Most the time it felt like I was just aimlessly walking the wastelands, even still the game kept me engaged for many, many hours of play time.

What was/is the latest news on fallout 4? I haven't kept up with the studio much after the last DLC with Elderscrolls:Skyrim.

I think I enjoy RPG's quite a bit.

First one I remember playing a lot with my brother was Baldur's Gate. Might have been Dark Alliance 2 or something. I can't remember.
    Next one I remember playing the hell out of was Oblivion. "Stop right there, Criminal Scum!" Enjoyed that. Skyrim; That was OK.

However, I don't think I've enjoyed a series as much as Mass Effect. The story really pulled me in, and strangely became attached to my favourite characters. I've played though the whole slot at least twice.

Fallout I enjoyed. Played through each game from FO3 to NV. Probably missed some DLC though.

Played a little bit of Dragon Age something, but never really got into it.

Currently playing through Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Absolutely love it. The story is very intriguing, and I'd probably even go as far to say that the story doesn't COMPLETELY leave you feeling like you're just listening to it because you have to. The story line is fragmented and told by different parties, out of order; and leaves you re-arranging and recalling what you know to put the story together.

ITS.FINALLY.HERE!!!

official trailer for Fallout 4

https://youtu.be/GE2BkLqMef4

Ill be booking a week off work on release i think, cant wait

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techlife View Post
    ITS.FINALLY.HERE!!!

WOW!....That's an Insane trailer!!!...While I have never been a gamer, I can respect those who do game and develop the games!...I guess I *missed* the "gaming bug"! My younger brother dropped quite a few quarters into arcade games back in the 80's and he has a better knack for it! I myself am the kind of person that likes to stay in reality and "Observe" what is going on in the real world...it seems like it is a combination of "The Art of War" and "Game Theory"!...to look beyond the exoteric and see the esoteric!

Quote Originally Posted by Techlife View Post
    ITS.FINALLY.HERE!!!

YES! Finally! I've been waiting forever for this, I hope they've made some much needed improvements on general gameplay flow though. Hated the whole having to tab in and out of your "pip boy" to perform a lot of task, or check logs.

Even still, Fall Out has been one of the best written RPG games in decades, looking forward to buying this!

Super keen for this. But I don't want to exhaust the hype yet.

There was always hope that FO4 would be developed, and when someone published Guillermo Del Toro's portfolio, with his most recent edition to it - Fallout 4 Cinematic or something.