PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C450, computers unable to find printer after network upgrade (ws2012R2)

Custom Search

AJ058
06-11-2015, 02:51 AM
Bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html), (no fiery connected)computers unable to find printer after network upgrade (ws2012R2)
Even searching using IP and MAC addresses.
Even connecting directly to a win 7 computer acts like it is finding but print test fails
Ping IP, no connection.
NIC lights blink, I replaced network cable no help
We had also upgraded the wireless router, so removed, reinstalled old router, no help
Computers can print to other printers, can see and open files on server,
So apparently a setting is wrong in the Bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html).(unless the NIC suddenly failed)
Another tech (no KM C450experience) had looked at the C450, to evaluate,
to see if he would be any help to re-deploy the network
I do not believe he changed anything, but may have without being aware he did.
I haven't been able to figure out the change, what is turned off/on that should be
so probably need to re-start setup. Any pointers would be wonderful

Old system, was Win Server 2008R2 sp1 using workgroups (re-connected but still no connection).
6 workstations, I-pad, 3 laptops all setup to allow direct printing
the NEW win server 2012R2 almost requires that you use a domain.
We started to set up domain, but when printer would not connect, we decided to go back to a workgroup
so we removed the domain and set up using a workgroup similar to prior server.
was connecting and printing prior to server upgrade, was not connecting before or after domain removal

Has Anyone set up a bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html) or similar on a Win Server 2012R2 network?
or have a cheat sheet on what settings should be on the Bizhub c450 admin panel to confirm settings/values?
Or a quick, step by step, setup guide to connect to router or server.

hotfuser
06-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html), (no fiery connected)computers unable to find printer after network upgrade (ws2012R2)
Even searching using IP and MAC addresses.
Even connecting directly to a win 7 computer acts like it is finding but print test fails
Ping IP, no connection.
NIC lights blink, I replaced network cable no help
We had also upgraded the wireless router, so removed, reinstalled old router, no help
Computers can print to other printers, can see and open files on server,
So apparently a setting is wrong in the Bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html).(unless the NIC suddenly failed)
Another tech (no KM C450experience) had looked at the C450, to evaluate,
to see if he would be any help to re-deploy the network
I do not believe he changed anything, but may have without being aware he did.
I haven't been able to figure out the change, what is turned off/on that should be
so probably need to re-start setup. Any pointers would be wonderful

Old system, was Win Server 2008R2 sp1 using workgroups (re-connected but still no connection).
6 workstations, I-pad, 3 laptops all setup to allow direct printing
the NEW win server 2012R2 almost requires that you use a domain.
We started to set up domain, but when printer would not connect, we decided to go back to a workgroup
so we removed the domain and set up using a workgroup similar to prior server.
was connecting and printing prior to server upgrade, was not connecting before or after domain removal

Has Anyone set up a bizhub C450 (http://www.123inkjets.com/1115-Product.html) or similar on a Win Server 2012R2 network?
or have a cheat sheet on what settings should be on the Bizhub c450 admin panel to confirm settings/values?
Or a quick, step by step, setup guide to connect to router or server.

not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but have you tried just connecting a laptop directly to the copier just to eliminate their network?.

AJ058
06-11-2015, 06:10 PM
not trying to teach you how to suck eggs but have you tried just connecting a laptop directly to the copier just to eliminate their network?.

Thanks for the reply, They actually print through the wireless router and upload/download files to/from server and occasionally other workstations.

copytechman
06-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Not to duplicate posts but again, laptop and crossover cable?

Regards!
A.

darry1322
06-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the reply, They actually print through the wireless router and upload/download files to/from server and occasionally other workstations.

If you can print with a cable directly into the copier from a laptop, then the copier NIC is OK. This is a troubleshooting step you can use to narrow down the problem. Give it a try.

nmfaxman
06-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Make sure it has a static IP address that is not in the scope of the dhcp server.
I put the machine to dhcp and then add 100 to the last octet for the IP address.

You will need to do it when you hook up with a crossover cable and laptop.
He is an IT guy, he has a laptop on site.

AJ058
06-13-2015, 03:55 AM
If you can print with a cable directly into the copier from a laptop, then the copier NIC is OK. This is a troubleshooting step you can use to narrow down the problem. Give it a try.

That was the third thing I tried.

But I did figure out the problem--s. Somehow the tech I believe defaulted the C450 back to factory settings as two things were changed. Like I suspected, the problem was with the printer setup.

1.Printer was looking for the fiery, which it came with, but had been disconnected.
2. and the IP was changed to 192.168.0.*** rather than 192.168.1.*** which I did not notice being so close,
the prior may have been the fiery IP setting causing it did not ping the IP. as soon as I changed back, all computers can now print.

Hope this helps someone else.

darry1322
06-13-2015, 02:56 PM
That was the third thing I tried.

But I did figure out the problem--s. Somehow the tech I believe defaulted the C450 back to factory settings as two things were changed. Like I suspected, the problem was with the printer setup.

1.Printer was looking for the fiery, which it came with, but had been disconnected.
2. and the IP was changed to 192.168.0.*** rather than 192.168.1.*** which I did not notice being so close,
the prior may have been the fiery IP setting causing it did not ping the IP. as soon as I changed back, all computers can now print.

Hope this helps someone else.

I saw where you said you tried printing directly from a Win 7 machine, but didn't know if that was a direct cable connection or just printing from a local TCP/IP port instead of printing through the server.

Glad you got the problem resolved.

Custom Search