PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba E-Studio 45 Maintenance

Custom Search

endersftd
08-10-2006, 05:11 PM
My Toshiba E-Studio 45 has just popped up with a "Time for Periodic Maintenance" message, although it will still print (for now). I have a couple of questions: Is there a way to reset the maintenance message so it's no longer appearing (even though no maintenance was performed), and what is involved with performing the maintenance (could I do it myself, or do I need to contact a service tech)?

Thanks!

xcopytech
08-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Hi,

That message mean that according to SM you have to make preventive maintenance of machine (dissasemble and clean machine). Machine can work with that message long as you want. You can reset or change maintenance period in diagnostic.

08-15-2006, 02:45 PM
My Toshiba E-Studio 45 has just popped up with a "Time for Periodic Maintenance" message, although it will still print (for now). I have a couple of questions: Is there a way to reset the maintenance message so it's no longer appearing (even though no maintenance was performed), and what is involved with performing the maintenance (could I do it myself, or do I need to contact a service tech)?

Thanks!

Call a tech, do it right, it's cheaper in the long run!

Stano
09-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Power it on while holding 0 and 8 after the beep it will come up in test mode enter 252 then press start reset the counter to 0 .... this will reset the message ....251 is the setting (counter) at which the PM counter goes off and displays the Time for Periodic Maintence..... There are serveral things that should be looked over Fuser Drum Developer etc but if the copy count is 150k or less I think you would be good for awhile... when ya hit 300 k A pm is gonna cost ya the same.... If you can live with the copies let it roll...... Your feed rollers are are probally due now tho

Project Warder
09-20-2006, 09:08 AM
>.< The tech that had my job before me used to reset maintainence calls on the machines and not change anything. When its due its due. Im not disagreeing, itll probably be fine, but i find shortcutting causes problems later. From my POV within my job i have repaired around 10++ jobs of his in the last few months. As you suggested though, Stano, replacing the rollers, or at least giving them a damn good clean (and the whole machine in general) would most likely be sufficient until 300k.

Stano
09-26-2006, 03:04 AM
I agree In a perfect world replacing would be the best option......I also think in reality Toshiba's pm counters are a little conservative.......... I want to squeze every copy out of each part I can without letting my customers suffer of course......which alot of time means the difference in my service department, of operating in the red or black.......

Custom Search