PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub: When is a fuser squeak NOT the fuser??

Custom Search

mjunkaged
06-18-2015, 01:51 AM
I had one today that was NOT the fuser making noise but actually the EMPTY toner bottle turning while in idle state. Put a new bottle in, so far it isn't squeaking...but I may have to go back if it chirps once every 2 seconds still on a FULL bottle! Wish I had seen the 'prepare a new toner' message before I started lubing fuser and drive bushings!
;) Actual description was 'a bird chirping' ! I'm aware of the fuser noise mod kits available. But would be a waste of time in this case......

EarthKmTech
06-18-2015, 08:53 AM
what model are you talking about ?

current 4e series 224-c554e are not immune from squeaks either, so far have at least a dozen regular squeak locations I know to lube when the customers ring up. And thats not including the low rumbling from the reg bearings when they start to binding on abusively long print jobs prior to complete seizure.

hoppers squeak on all of them and the fuser drive too. Oh and the crappy white bushings in the reversal unit that squark only in duplex, not even lubed from the factory, STILL. along with MANY other places. Squeak hunting is still a regular part of my job.

mjunkaged
06-18-2015, 02:12 PM
what model are you talking about ?

current 4e series 224-c554e are not immune from squeaks either, so far have at least a dozen regular squeak locations I know to lube when the customers ring up. And thats not including the low rumbling from the reg bearings when they start to binding on abusively long print jobs prior to complete seizure.

hoppers squeak on all of them and the fuser drive too. Oh and the crappy white bushings in the reversal unit that squark only in duplex, not even lubed from the factory, STILL. along with MANY other places. Squeak hunting is still a regular part of my job.

That one was a 361 but I hear you about all of them....if KM could make the bitches stop squeaking, they'd be nearly flawless machines....and no one would ever buy a service contract!

CompyTech
06-18-2015, 02:48 PM
That one was a 361 but I hear you about all of them....if KM could make the bitches stop squeaking, they'd be nearly flawless machines....and no one would ever buy a service contract!

Squeak hunting is the worst, sometimes it's just lube everything in sight til it stops... 361,421,501 had some squeaky areas I remember well, and the toner supply area was one of them.

Custom Search