PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine bizhub 751 Dead Finisher

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
06-22-2015, 10:17 PM
We have a bizhub 751 with a finisher on it that has been running fine for a long time. Just recently the finisher appears to be dead. The machine operation panel does not respond with indication when the finisher door is opened. During Boot-Up the finisher does not run ANY motors, paddles or rollers. The machine will boot all of the way up and make a copy, however it just jams upon entry of the finisher with no codes (other than jam). There IS 24 volt and 5 volt going to the finisher. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

SAR
08-07-2015, 01:57 PM
I have 2 of these finishers doing this! I was hoping you found out what the issue was on yours and might be able to tell me something.
Thanks!

tech51
08-07-2015, 03:37 PM
I had one do this. It turned out the firmware had gone from the fns control board. I re loaded the fns firmware and it was fine afterwards.

allan
08-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Are u sure those connectors between the machine and finisher is ok. It's easy to mess them up by disconnecting and pulling the finisher away. I have done that before.

I would do a point to point test on the connectors.
Next would be to look for ICP's then to swop the control board.
There should be a lot of unused machines around. I swop out and scrap the entire finisher if it gives trouble.

It could be on the machine side as well.

MFPs R Now PCs
08-07-2015, 06:57 PM
Are u sure those connectors between the machine and finisher is ok. It's easy to mess them up by disconnecting and pulling the finisher away. I have done that before.

I would do a point to point test on the connectors.
Next would be to look for ICP's then to swop the control board.
There should be a lot of unused machines around. I swop out and scrap the entire finisher if it gives trouble.

It could be on the machine side as well.

We have replaced the PWB Board for the punch unit and everything was fine for a week and then the same thing occurred. So we disconnected the punch unit permanently and discussed with customer for costs associated of replacing finisher, geez...:confused: THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

Custom Search