PDA

View Full Version : KM 3850fs won't wake up from low power mode

Custom Search

ChrisG
06-30-2015, 08:34 PM
Have a new machine install with latest greatest firmware levels that won't wake up or come back to ready once it enters power save mode. The light blinks in blue but no matter whether you lift the lid, hit the power button, start button, etc, it will not come back to ready unless you power off and back on. Seems to be mostly after having sat during the night and then when the customer goes to use it first thing the next morning.

Has anyone run into this? We've updated the firmware via the tech pub, no change.

Chris
TJL Copy

Taminol
06-30-2015, 09:12 PM
Have a new machine install with latest greatest firmware levels that won't wake up or come back to ready once it enters power save mode. The light blinks in blue but no matter whether you lift the lid, hit the power button, start button, etc, it will not come back to ready unless you power off and back on. Seems to be mostly after having sat during the night and then when the customer goes to use it first thing the next morning.

Has anyone run into this? We've updated the firmware via the tech pub, no change.

Chris
TJL Copy

I had this on a C224e today, and I'm pretty sure the C3850 series will be similar.

Utility>Administrator Settings>System Settings>Power Supply/Power Save Settings>Power Consumption in Sleep Mode - set to DISABLE

When it is turned on, the power consumption drops even further in Sleep Mode and sometimes cannot be woken without cycling the Main ON/OFF switch.

Good luck

Taminol

wseyller
07-01-2015, 03:13 AM
Do you have sleep mode on? that is different from low power mode. Make sure that weekly timer crap is turned off.

To turn off sleep mode you have to enable the ability to do so within service mode. Then the option to turn off appears in the admin settings.

srslyartyg
07-02-2015, 01:36 PM
... Make sure that weekly timer crap is turned off....Noticed with a few machines lately that this has been enabled from the factory. Definitely worth a look at the Weekly Timer Settings.

Blaze1978
07-02-2015, 07:25 PM
From my experience, all A4 devices come in with Weekly Timers active, and need's to be disabled. Every machine I setup here gets it shut off, as long as I remember to do it.

ChrisG
07-22-2015, 10:11 PM
From my experience, all A4 devices come in with Weekly Timers active, and need's to be disabled. Every machine I setup here gets it shut off, as long as I remember to do it.

Setting the power comsumption in sleep mode to disable seems to have done the trick

Thanks for all the help.
We have 2 of these machines in our "parts only" pile now that refused to be fixed. Apparently firmware and replacing the MFP board doesn't fix all problems <cough cough> Konica Minolta tech support

Custom Search