PDA

View Full Version : C451 Not transfering color

Custom Search

copierwhisper
07-06-2015, 06:34 PM
I have a customer who recently moved their machine on their own. During the move the black image unit became slightly dislodged which caused the unit to dump toner/developer all over the inside of the machine once they began to run it. I replaced the black image unit and cleaned the spill. Black printing/copying appears fine, but the colors will not transfer??? I stopped the machine as is was printing and can see the image is on the transfer belt, but it will not show up on the paper. If you print the internal demo sheet all the black appears and a very small amount of the yellow, magenta and cyan image will appear. Any thoughts?

allan
07-06-2015, 07:00 PM
I must be primary transfer even if you can see the image on the belt its difficult to determine the density by looking at it. Even after good transfer a visible image would stay on the belt after secondary transfer.

I would think that there is some problem with the transfer belt.
Pull it out and inspect it then reseat it.

gerryhuerta
07-06-2015, 08:56 PM
100% TBU . that has happened to us before.

Good luck.,

andyf424
07-08-2015, 08:09 PM
I second that re-seating the t-belt recommendation, I've seen this myself. Re-seating the IU's wouldn't hurt either. We charge for machine moving and I always tell customers, you're not paying for the move, you're paying for the repair of the possible damage from the move.

Custom Search