PDA

View Full Version : Minolta C550 strange issue

Custom Search

copy40
08-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Hi all have the following message on a Minolta c550....

Have the image transfer belt unit replaced soon.
Contact the service representative.

Have changed fuse in belt, also have installed a brand new belt but it wont move off this screen, Minolta tech has taken a look and has never seen this before, all very strange, anyone have any ideas, thanks Martin.

EarthKmTech
08-08-2015, 10:51 PM
if it wont reset the printer control board is damaged, either that or the contacts for the fuse / harness.

did you use the correct rating fuse ?

Synaux
08-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Hi all have the following message on a Minolta c550....

Have the image transfer belt unit replaced soon.
Contact the service representative.

Have changed fuse in belt, also have installed a brand new belt but it wont move off this screen, Minolta tech has taken a look and has never seen this before, all very strange, anyone have any ideas, thanks Martin.

First, is the fuse blowing inside the tranf belt?

Synaux
08-09-2015, 03:51 AM
if it wont reset the printer control board is damaged, either that or the contacts for the fuse / harness.

did you use the correct rating fuse ?

I guess we posted pretty much at the same time? lol
He did say he tried a new one, so its probably not the fuse itself. My money is on the tanf belt contacts if not then the PCB.

EarthKmTech
08-09-2015, 04:09 AM
I do't actually have any of those machines left in the field anymore.

I recall it being quite disastrous on the old C350's if the transfer belt fuse contacts shorted out or a wrong fuse was used and a resistor flared up and scorched the prcb.

copy40
08-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Yes new fuse is correct and a new belt should have solved that, have looked at contacts in the machine they look ok, so would it be the large main board at the back of the machine that could be at fault ??? I have also loaded the lastest firmware but still no joy, thanks for your replies so far

emujo
08-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Had the same type of issue with the C353 series...You can mask the message by installing the PPLM firmware, but the root cause is going to be loss of 24vdc from the Printer Control Board to the xfer belt new detection circuit. No voltage on the return side keeps the MFP thinking the old belt is still in place..That's why a slo-blo fuse is used...Gives time for the PCRB to detect the return voltage for a specified period of time before is blows. With a little work, you could swap the PRCB from a working MFP just to give it enough time to blow the fuse and reset the belt, then put it back to the original configuration. Emujo

copytechman
08-13-2015, 08:44 PM
Had this happen to me on the c353 series too. Blown icp on prcb. Likely similar problem in c550.

Regards!

A.

copy40
08-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Had the same type of issue with the C353 series...You can mask the message by installing the PPLM firmware, but the root cause is going to be loss of 24vdc from the Printer Control Board to the xfer belt new detection circuit. No voltage on the return side keeps the MFP thinking the old belt is still in place..That's why a slo-blo fuse is used...Gives time for the PCRB to detect the return voltage for a specified period of time before is blows. With a little work, you could swap the PRCB from a working MFP just to give it enough time to blow the fuse and reset the belt, then put it back to the original configuration. Emujo

Thanks have solved the issue at present took off small pcb with battery on it then powered up machine it then asked to rebuild data which it done, powered off reconnected pcb bingo counter for transfer belt reset no more message, changed soft swith settings to disable alerts for life and all seems fine at the present .

Custom Search