PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 4020

Custom Search

Blaze1978
08-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Hi all,

Have a Bizhub 4020, that in my web connect is showing I have a Lexmark MS510dn, which it most likely is..... however, none of my KM supplies are working on it.

Amazingly I am the only person that seems to have run into this according to tech support..... I know all the other devices in this family, 4050/4750 have a dip switch that needs to be set in order for it to register as a KM product instead of the Lexmark version..... but this particular one, seems to be missing the dip switch settings....

Any ideas?

jotunn
08-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Oh gosh, you aren't the only one facing such problem...
According to my knowledge some part of machines had been loaded with wrong data in the factory.
There is also possibility to face this problem through usual service behavior - part replacement without reading manual...

There is no official way to convert those machines into Bizhub, because guys from Konica Minolta asked me for help with this, so even they don't know how to do it.

I had some ideas, I have tried some of them, but all ended up with 950.09 - NVRAM Mismatch error, however I'm pretty sure that conversion is possible.

Give me serial number (from sticker or box) of your machine I will try to generate "bundle.zip" file for your machine (used for machine customization after board replacement).
Maybe this helps.

Custom Search