PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c5030 won't print from network

Custom Search

cscce
09-08-2015, 07:05 PM
One of the Canon c5030's I service will not print jobs sent over the network. When a job is sent via the network the machine starts up like it's going to print and eventually shuts down as if it had completed the job. But nothing prints. The Processing Data light stays dark and the print job does not appear in the print status screen. No error message appears and there are none in the logs.
Copies print just fine as do internally created documents such as counter reports.
The unit does not have a USB port (except for the one used by the CAC card reader).
Any ideas?
I have another system I can use for parts. Are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of when swapping boards?

cscce
09-08-2015, 09:08 PM
One of the Canon c5030's I service will not print jobs sent over the network. When a job is sent via the network the machine starts up like it's going to print and eventually shuts down as if it had completed the job. But nothing prints. The Processing Data light stays dark and the print job does not appear in the print status screen. No error message appears and there are none in the logs.
Copies print just fine as do internally created documents such as counter reports.
The unit does not have a USB port (except for the one used by the CAC card reader).
Any ideas?
I have another system I can use for parts. Are there any "gotchas" I need to be aware of when swapping boards?

Just to clarify, when I say nothing prints I mean that paper never moved at all, not that a blank sheet exited the finisher.

zoraldinho
09-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I believe that print come from PS3 driver wich machine don't have.Try with UFRII.

hidius
09-09-2015, 12:56 PM
im pre sure these models have a usb printing port .. its behind a little door on the left hand side towards the back of the machine if your looking at it from the front

acfife
09-09-2015, 02:22 PM
This will have UFR print board as standard PS is an option as previous reply try the UFR driver!

cscce
09-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Just to clarify, when I say nothing prints I mean that paper never moved at all, not that a blank sheet exited the finisher.
It's fixed! The problem was the controller 2 pcb. After replacing controller 2 (but using the SRAM from the original board) jobs sent via the network and via the USB port print just as they should.

Custom Search