PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C 3110 - showing replace toner (K)

Custom Search

Eugene74
09-14-2015, 04:53 PM
HI Guys,

I have a C3110 which shows replace Toner (K). We have tried 3x toners, replaced the three terminal contact behind the toner bottle and today we have replaced the PRCB PWB.

No luck. Still showing the same error.

Could anybody please assist.

Kind Regards.
Eugene

EarthKmTech
09-14-2015, 10:44 PM
being that its an updated c25, it wouldn't surprise me if it has the same possibility for factory wiring harness damage.

Though I have not worked on one yet so can not verify or offer tips.

HoonBoy
09-15-2015, 10:46 PM
being that its an updated c25, it wouldn't surprise me if it has the same possibility for factory wiring harness damage.

Though I have not worked on one yet so can not verify or offer tips.

Indeed.. could also be one of the IU's contacts being bad. Was an IU replaced before this problem occured? Maybe needs to replace again (or chip) Take out alle the IU's and check connections... See Bizhub C25/C35 bulletins... :

<Symptom>

TABT1200405EN00

Toner Irrecognition Error

The message that the toner cartridge is not recognized is displayed.

<Cause> *Please refer to the last page for details.

The front lower frame is curved backward. [C/M/K]
There is missing information in i-chip of PU or IC. [Y]
CSIC wire harness is caught between the screws. [C/M/Y/K]
CSIC earth plate attached to the Toner bottle Drive Assy does not return to its original

position. [C/M/Y/K] *CSIC=Hold Holder (A0VD134202)

<Field Action>

1. Replace the PU-rail of M/C/K with the modified part. (p/n: A0VD112000)*Replace three colors (M/C/K) together.

2. For the problem not recognizing Y toner, replace the PU which was replaced right beforethe message indication.

3. If there is a tear on the wire harness cover, wrap it with the insulating tape.
If the core of a wire harness is cut, replace the Toner bottle Drive Assy. (p/n: A121R70000)

4. Replace the Toner bottle Drive Assy. (p/n: A121R70000)

Issac-brock
05-06-2016, 10:26 PM
Hi Folks, on a related note, we have 2 barely used C3110's (same cust, diff locations) that are showing "Install Imaging Unit K". One machine started a month or so ago, haven't fixed it yet due to time but did try a new IU. At times with several reboots it does work for a few pages then pops the message again.

Today a second C3110 with the same message. Tried remove, insert same IU, machine seems to recognize the IU but while it says "Calibrating" it pops the IU message.

Possible that both have harness/contact issues I suppose. Odd that they both have the same message and are both under 6 months old.

We have one of them in another tech's garage so we have room to work as they are in restaurant kitchen offices with zero work space.

Hard to search with the new Knowledge-base but was able to dig up the following from the previous C25 series. 8483 and 8548

Any thoughts appreciated.

Colin

EarthKmTech
05-07-2016, 12:33 AM
When I have this issue i just bring the machine home to mess around with, last time it took 4 hours to fix (c35)

I'm not sure how the consumables ic's work on the newer machines in comparison to the c25 / c35 but on those they use bidirectional serial communication, 5V and ground on the 3 pins. If either the serial line or 5v line is clamped to ground on ANY of the consumables sockets via a pinched harness or shorted socket none of the new consumables will be detected when replaced.

I still have not worked on a C3110, we've only sold about 3 in my area. Now the rebadged lexmarks have taken their place. They are mostly pretty good once the crappy oily feed rollers are replaced.

chrisman666
06-16-2016, 11:09 AM
May be helpful,
went to one of ours yesterday that was showing k toner out
turned out that customer had pulled off the top panel on the fuser door , machine still warmed up etc
i guess there must be a weird fualt on door switches , soon as i put panel back on worked a dream

Issac-brock
06-27-2016, 07:58 PM
Some feedback on my 2 machines, turned out to be faulty IU's, one black and one yellow. Didn't think it would be as never seen it happen like this but won't dismiss it as a possibility next time.

Kidaver
06-27-2016, 10:21 PM
I had one doing this. These machines are easier to replace from Konica than messing with swapping boards and parts and such. I usually will try to troubleshoot it with tech support but if it becomes an nightmare to do I recommend a refurbed machine be sent to replace it.

Custom Search