PDA

View Full Version : C6501 Color reg problem with example

Custom Search

MVPunisher
09-30-2015, 03:44 PM
So I have a C6501 that is having some color registration problems. It is a little weird as the shadow around the text is more like dotted lines rather than solid. This machine is in my office, I have a C6500 also in my office to swap parts from.

I have swapped - All drums and Coronas, Transfer Belts assy, Fuser Assy, Color reg assy, Fiery. I have ran recall standard data, belt line speed adjustments, auto gama, color reg etc.

In the example if you take a look at the word "Dustin Moffitt" you will see the top one is from the problem c6501 and the bottom one is from the c6500.

My next thoughts were lasers and image processing board just seeing if anyone had a suggestion. Thanks

Matt30798

MVPunisher
09-30-2015, 03:47 PM
A little more zoomed in. The "M" is a good example. It is like a structured dotted line rather than registration?30800

MVPunisher
10-05-2015, 08:22 PM
It appears the Port on the image processing board that connects to fiery cable is the issue., We had swapped fierys but left the cable connected to main body so it never ruled that out.

After re-seating that cable we did see the problem change a little so we knew we were in right area. After loosening and then re-tightening those bolts where the pins lock in the issue seems to be gone. Next step will be replacement of IPB.

Custom Search