PDA

View Full Version : "Remove original from the glass" when using DF

Custom Search

blackcat4866
11-13-2015, 12:52 AM
This one was kinda interesting. bizhub C224e: off the glass only LTR detects as LGR, and LTR-R detects as LGL.

So it didn't take long to figure out that original detection sensor 1 (PS204) was always detecting paper even when there wasn't any. It took a little longer to find State Confirmation > Sensor Check > pg 14 > original detection sensor 1 > 0: unblocked, 1: blocked. Entirely by accident when I took off the glass I saw the sensor change state.

Inside the ODS I found some water stains and a VR. I figured the sensor is toast anyway, so why not tune the VR a little? What a surprise when it actually worked? My assumption is that the VR had some corrosion from the water exposure, and just turning the VR a little moved it to another part of the strip.

There wasn't any other evidence of water exposure, so I must assume that it happened before the ODS was in the copier. I may very well have to change that ODS in the future. No biggie, now that I know how to diagnose it. =^..^=

habik
11-13-2015, 01:13 AM
This one was kinda interesting. bizhub C224e: off the glass only LTR detects as LGR, and LTR-R detects as LGL.

So it didn't take long to figure out that original detection sensor 1 (PS204) was always detecting paper even when there wasn't any. It took a little longer to find State Confirmation > Sensor Check > pg 14 > original detection sensor 1 > 0: unblocked, 1: blocked. Entirely by accident when I took off the glass I saw the sensor change state.

Inside the ODS I found some water stains and a VR. I figured the sensor is toast anyway, so why not tune the VR a little? What a surprise when it actually worked? My assumption is that the VR had some corrosion from the water exposure, and just turning the VR a little moved it to another part of the strip.

There wasn't any other evidence of water exposure, so I must assume that it happened before the ODS was in the copier. I may very well have to change that ODS in the future. No biggie, now that I know how to diagnose it. =^..^=

Now I wonder if this applies to the 203 range as we had few machines doing it, but in most times it was the magnet sensor or just the distance wasn't right..

have you tried adjusting non-image area?

blackcat4866
11-13-2015, 01:16 AM
I had already re-positioned the DF so that the magnet aligned with the reed switch. No improvement.

Non-image area? Nope. I never thought of it. =^..^=

Iowatech
11-13-2015, 02:21 AM
Actually, I ran into something like this with the Riso RNs, some of the machine's paper feed and master detection sensors would fail to work unless the VR was adjusted. A really small tweaker was needed for that. I actually was pretty good at that years ago.
I guess the upshot of that is if there is a VR on a sensor that isn't working correctly, if time permits experiment with it. If nothing happens, you're still only out one sensor.

allan
11-13-2015, 05:44 AM
In Za the machines come with both the metric and inch sensors.
So i just change out the 2 sensors and toggle the detection table 1 and 2.
Works every time.

Kidaver
11-13-2015, 02:41 PM
I had 364e doing this...adjusted DF-701 and swapped magnet sensor to no avail....in the end I do not know if it was going in and cleaning all the mirrors and optics(this was a new machine) and going thru the DF installation set up again but that cleared the problem for me....

habik
11-13-2015, 03:04 PM
I had 364e doing this...adjusted DF-701 and swapped magnet sensor to no avail....in the end I do not know if it was going in and cleaning all the mirrors and optics(this was a new machine) and going thru the DF installation set up again but that cleared the problem for me....

..ahh now you mentioned this..I had the background white plate on the whole ADF slightly dirty and once clean thoroughly plus did non-image area erase, it got cleared.

allan
11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
..ahh now you mentioned this..I had the background white plate on the whole ADF slightly dirty and once clean thoroughly plus did non-image area erase, it got cleared.

Yea the machine use the CCD to determine the width. The sensors on a B601 punch also needs sensitivity adjustment with pots. Normally there should be a spot of glue on there if it was factory adjusted. I takes me back to the RICOH cam shell machines FT 3013 and the like. With all the VR's on the back for everything from bias adjustments and auto density adjustment. A tweekers nightmare.

Custom Search