PDA

View Full Version : Installed new imaging unit on C450 but life counter stays 1 notch from " E"

Custom Search

axyun
11-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Had message on customer machine to change black imaging unit. I left machine on and opened front door. Pressed release and removed old unit. Installed I.U. after removing drum protection sheet. Locked in , closed door. When I realized that usage was not showing full capacity for black I shut off machine then turned on again. No change. Then shut of power at control and then main power.
Turned back on back on and no change. Please let me know if I did something wrong or if there is a potential chip problem.

I also went into tech mode, pressed counter then life. I pressed black unit but did not highlight. Any help is appreciated. been looking online but no luck yet. Will check user and service manual. Any help is appreciated very much. Frank?ActionPhotocopy

minimerlin
11-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Was the replacement IU a Genuine KM unit?

It sounds like either a bad chip or poor contacts. Mind you I would not recommend IU swaps with power on.

Flash
11-13-2015, 10:28 PM
If any P codes are showing you have to resolve those before the life counter will reset.

copier tech
11-13-2015, 11:19 PM
When you replaced the new image unit just wait for it to come to ready, you may have opened the front door while it was initialising the chip/drum

However all you need to do is update the firmware then change the "no stop" settings this will then no longer display the image unit, fuser & ITB life messages, easy!

Simply change SW 51 to D0 & 55 to 0C

axyun
11-14-2015, 01:07 AM
Did not see any P codes on screen. Thanks to all. Will post results when call is complete. Frank

Custom Search