PDA

View Full Version : Minolta EP9760 Quality problem (Light copy)

Custom Search

Onetouch
06-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Quality problem with Minolta EP9760
I'm getting light copy, I have replaced all the coronas, the starter and the drum looks okay and so the megroller I also cleaned the optics as well,
The machine has only 42000 copy on it, I'm canon technician so, Any help would be greatly appriciated, Thanks...

just a tech
06-11-2008, 10:50 PM
First of all, let me say that I am not a minolta tech nor do I claim to be. Now, with that being said, they are all beasts of the same basic copy process.. Have you made any internal prints or sent a print job to it to try to rule out all scanning components? Also, have you tried to stop machine during the copy process to see how dark the image is on drum or if maybe not all of image is being fully transferred? Sounds like ya may have a possible transfer problem, developer bias, or some other kind of voltage problem. Good luck...

Onetouch
06-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Yes, I have tried all what you have mentioned but the result is still the same, The image on the dram was also light when I stoped to see the image on the drum,

just a tech
06-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe main charge output or developer bias output? I know I ain't much help but i'm tryin.. lol

Luther
06-11-2008, 11:28 PM
The 9760 came out in 1993! wasnt a good machine then,you couldnt have run internal test prints because its an anolog copier, the drum is probably shot just by the age of it not my how many copies ar on it, i would run not walk away from this,you wont find a dum for it or many parts available, just my 2 cents

Onetouch
06-12-2008, 02:05 AM
I think you might be right, the drum could cause that even though it looks like a brand new drum,

The primary charger is ok, It's might be the drum as mationed above or something else,

cobiray
06-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Wow, I haven't seen one of those in years. If you have a history on the machine check and see when the consumables (drum, developer, wires) find out when they were replaced. Like Luther said, it's probably been years since it's been replaced. Hopefully it's not under maintenance. Work up a big bill and show the customer how expensive it is to upkeep. Try to get them into some new (or new to them) equipment. See if you can get them into an MFP to reduce their faxing and printing CPC down too. That usually works great with non profits and private schools.

Onetouch
06-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Once I got 3 good copies and that was all when I stear the starter,But after 3 copeis went light again and still remain the same,

The bias are ok, I just have checked,Nothing else come to my mined that I have forgot to check it,

Is anyone has any idea whatelse I should check befor to give up?

Custom Search