PDA

View Full Version : C550 persistent error C225B, C8104, C6751

Custom Search

westvandude
02-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Used to take a few minutes with mostly C225B error opening/closing front door to work normal all day. When it goes to sleep mode and wakes up same problem.

Now it won't go even after more than an hour of turning off/on, sub power off/on, checked connectors on PCB.

Saw another discussion power supply A00JM40405 could be faulty.

Also loses communication with either/or scanner and finisher. Seems like a lot of errors to be those individual items. PSU could be culprit.

Any suggestions?

In the meantime I'm saving up for another lightly used C652.

allan
02-01-2016, 07:56 PM
The K PC drum is locking up or the motor is shot.

Reseat the K PC.
Reseat K PC motor connector on motor and board.
Replace the K PC.
Replace K PC motor.
Replace the board.

I would change the motor first. There are other codes too but it is an old machine.
Have you cleaned the optics?

westvandude
02-01-2016, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the tips. Haven't cleaned for a bit, will do.

As an aside, unplugged finisher (thinking less electrical load on PSU) and it fired up no more errors. Sheesh.

Will try your tips tomorrow and see how boot-up goes.

Thank you.

The K PC drum is locking up or the motor is shot.

Reseat the K PC.
Reseat K PC motor connector on motor and board.
Replace the K PC.
Replace K PC motor.
Replace the board.

I would change the motor first. There are other codes too but it is an old machine.
Have you cleaned the optics?

mo0651
02-02-2016, 02:34 PM
There is a bulletin on the 255b, We changed the power supply.

westvandude
02-03-2016, 08:39 PM
I just had a buddy drop off a power supply from his stash! I'll try to get it installed next few days and see how it goes.

westvandude
02-04-2016, 02:51 AM
I just had a buddy drop off a power supply from his stash! I'll try to get it installed next few days and see how it goes.

So I spent an hour and pulled the DCPU board out and replaced it with a known good used board. Yay!!!!!!!!!! ;):D Bit of a pain with lots of screws. Once you have PCB screws out there are still bunch of plastic push spacers to squeeze together to remove PCB from the metal housing. Tiny little connector on top right of the board is a PITA to remove, all others easy. Seems like that connector has a weird internal latch - don't break it!

Fired right up, NO ERRORS. PROBLEM SOLVED.

There you have it, if you get multiple errors like that it's the PSU. Part #A00JM40405.

Hytec Circuit Board, Print Controller, Stapler, Power Supply, Fuser Repair Catalog (http://www.hytecrepair.com/Default.aspx?PageID=PartsCatalog&CatId=A00J%20M404%2005)

I do like this website!

Looks like this: 31855

Custom Search