PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C360 Double Feeding Tray3 LCT with Code J20-21

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
04-21-2016, 10:59 PM
We have a bizhub C360 with the Large Capacity Tray (LCT) as Tray3. It is double feeding out of the large capacity tray only with jam code J20-21. When using Tray3 (LCT) it would jam and deposit folded over sheets of paper on top of the transfer belt. However using Trays 1 & 2, it never jams or has problems.

So, we discovered that Tray3 (LCT) was double feeding. We have replaced all feed tires in Tray3 (LCT) and also replaced the entire outside attached assembly with the spring clutch where the separation tire resides and it still double feeds throwing Jam Code J20-21.

Any ideas on why this tray would still double feed with a new spring clutch assembly that houses the separation feed tire and new feed tires? Thanks in advance!

Synthohol
04-21-2016, 11:28 PM
assuming PC-408, jig the door and watch for 2 sheets being pulled, then you can play with the spring tension of the sep roller if need be.
or just for giggles, bring a ream of another brand of paper and see if the double feeding still occurs. sometimes short grain paper does not like the be pinched apart.
last thing i would check is the clutch gear (#6 in the parts book)32643

blackcat4866
04-22-2016, 12:57 AM
Maybe one of these will help:

Misfeeds (2021) from tray #3 (PC-408) only. This letter sized paper (officially 279.4mm) measures 280mm, and fits a little too snuggly front to rear. The tray on the PC-408 is not adjustable to accommodate the additional width. Loosen the four right side screws to spread the front and rear frames/guides an additional 1.25mm (the remaining screw hole clearance). Snug screws.

Misfeeds (2021, 2022, 1722, 1102) from tray #2 or #3. Inner vertical path guide (clear plastic) is off it's pins. In the parts manual it's 1st paper feed section item #2. Re-seat the inner vertical path guide onto it's pins.

=^..^=

EarthKmTech
04-22-2016, 05:43 AM
had this before when customer was using recycled sugar cain paper, I demonstrated no problem with plain reputable brand name paper and charged them for wasting my time.

If its some no name or exotic crap they are using, try known good paper before anything else.

korthr5
04-22-2016, 07:04 PM
did you check the separation roller if it moves only for one side ?

I had a similar problem with your and it moves for two sides...

Custom Search