PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C903 C904

Custom Search

Pocavon
05-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Does anyone have a good routine for replacing the DF Cable when dealing with C903's and C904's

Synthohol
05-07-2016, 03:05 AM
what machine?

Pocavon
05-07-2016, 04:14 AM
what machine?
Sorry C9403 and C9404 Trouble codes Model C654

Synthohol
05-07-2016, 04:57 AM
ok, DF701.
i have split the feeder and if you take out the c clip from the CIS it will drop down far enough to get the HDMI cable out and the new one in then put the 2 halves back together.
took me about 90 minutes hemming and hawing along the way until i figured out to drop one side of the CIS that was blocking the connector.
putting it back in with the spring and the c clip is fun, enjoy that :)

EarthKmTech
05-07-2016, 07:45 PM
ok, DF701.
i have split the feeder and if you take out the c clip from the CIS it will drop down far enough to get the HDMI cable out and the new one in then put the 2 halves back together.
took me about 90 minutes hemming and hawing along the way until i figured out to drop one side of the CIS that was blocking the connector.

It's not a DF701 on the C654.

However, I'll give you some free advice, you're doing it the hard way regarding lowering the CIS - just remove the screws from the front bracket under the front cover and remove the 2 screws from the rear bracket at the rear of the document feeder. All 4 are easy to access and no messing around with springs and jesus clips required, especially when the rear motor is removed. I've done so many of these I'm in and out in 15 - 20 minutes.

As for the original posters question, its not much different on the C654 one main difference off the top of my head is you have to remove a plate above the CIS, it has a drive roller and clip at the rear for removal. It's not hard, just follow your nose.

There is a belt that needs to be disturbed, pay attention to its routing.

Pocavon
05-08-2016, 04:10 PM
ok, DF701.
Thanks , I couldn't find a procedure in the Documentation. I ve done it once but it was very difficult and time-consuming

Custom Search