PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Belt Replacement/Konica 8050

Custom Search

jodiego7
07-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Does anybody out there have a good step by step instructions on replacing the transfer belt on a Konica 8050

Thanks,
jodiego7@yahoo.com (jodiego7@yahoo.com)

redhotrob
07-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Sorry to say this dude, but I think you need a field service manual.

jodiego7
07-01-2008, 05:52 AM
would you happen to know where I could get a copy of one?

Joe

laserman06
07-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Did you get the one I sent you to your email? I also gave you some pages that showed the procedures. PM me if you didn't get them.

Rob

laserman06
07-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Subject:
SC45-20 at power up or while making copies.
Description:
SC45-20.
Solution:
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Color registration failure.
Perform the color correction calibration of the sensors PS8 and PS9 (p/n 4969-1729-01). To calibrate the sensors, perform the following:
a. Disable Color Registration Correction Control in the 25 mode, software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 1 (ON) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF).
b. Run [Auto Color Registration Adjustment] in the 36 mode.
c. Enable Color Registration Control (software dipswitch 25, bits 3 to 0 (OFF) and bit 4 to 0 (OFF)).
d. Perform Auto Color Registration adjustment.

2. The shutter that covers the registration sensors PS8 or PS9 is not opening.
Clean the mechanism and ensure that the shutter functions correctly.

3. Color registration sensors have failed.
Replace the color registration unit (p\n 65AAR75800).

4. Failed PRCB.
Replace the PRCB (8050/CF5001 - p/n 65AA-9033 and bizhub PRO C500 - p/n 65AA-9035).

5. Stripped developer gears or binding developing unit.
Note: When printing black and white prints, the black is missing on the page. Gradually the frequency of the voids increases and the SC45-20 is indicated when the machine is powered ON.
Pull the transfer belt unit when the SC45-20 is indicated and observe the CMYK pattern. If the K pattern is missing, then check the K developing unit (p/n 1 65AA-972 2). Look for stripped developing gears (p/n 65AA 7721 0 or p/n 65AA 7722 0) and replace if necessary. If K developing unit is binding, replace the assembly.

6. Imaging Unit not fully seated into MFP causing a poor electrical connection and resulting in developer being depleted.
Lubricate alignment pins on front right side of imaging unit. Replace developer.

7. The toner level detection sensor located inside the corresponding color toner hopper will register a false full state. The sensor itself becomes caked with toner.
Note: Developer will run completely out of toner even though all relevant systems are operating normally.
Open the toner hopper and clean the toner level detection sensor. This will allow the toner bottle to begin supplying the hopper with fresh toner. It may be necessary to manually tone up the developer. This is accomplished by using the 47 mode.
a. First access the toner density sensor at switch 58 bit 0=yellow, bit 1=magenta, bit 2=cyan, bit 3=black.
b. Check the level, it should be between 150-180. If the value is greater than 180, add toner to the developer.
c. To add toner to the developer, use switch 01 bit 1= yellow, bit 4=magenta, bit 7=cyan, bit 10=black.
d. Continue to add toner until reaching the desired value.
e. When finished, cycle the machine power, then run some test copies to verify the correction of the problem.

8. Failed Transfer Belt Assembly.
Replace the Transfer Belt Assembly (p/n 65AA-261 0).
SPECIAL NOTE: Solution contribution by David Aekus, Production Print/SSD

Attachments:
Applies To Problem Code 1: Main body control failure
Problem Code 2: None Specified
Information Type 1: Other
Information Type 2: None Specified
Document Classification: None Specified
None Specified
Printer Emulation:
None Specified
Application:
None Specified
Network:
None Specified
Feature:
None Specified
Other:
None Specified

jodiego7
07-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks very much Laserman,

I will check some of this out tomorrow when I get back to work. I did notice the other day before the transfer belt was replaced that the add black toner signal kept coming on even with a full bottle of toner in the machine. I will inspect and check out what you gave me and go from there. Thanks again and I will let you know how it all turns out.

Joe Bean

china
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
I have the manual of c500.I'm looking for the user CD.Who can give me?I'll give him this service manual. Thanks.

Custom Search