PDA

View Full Version : C6500 Error Code C-4520

Custom Search

seniortech
07-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I am having problems trying to get to the underlying cause of error code C-4520 on a C6500, the fault is occuring on a regular basis roughly every 8K.

So far I have replaced the registration sensor assy, fitted a new image belt unit and carried out a full PM, There are no problems with colour density on any of the colours and the drive of the image belt unit is ok with no tracking of the belt, the firmware of the machine is at Ver 30.

The machine can always be reset using Reg auto adjust, and the machine will then work without any problems for roughly 8K.

Anyone out there any more ideas?

Thanks

maxtrax
07-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Did you check the coupling gear of the first transfer pressure release motor (M19)? It is spring loaded and can become stuck in the back position.

sparkin19
10-23-2009, 03:50 PM
I read in a recent Knowledgebase article about version 60 firmware would stop the color registration sensor from throwing the c-4520. Also there is an updated version of the sensor assembly if you or the customer has noticed the red not printing quite right.

Cleaningblade
10-24-2009, 10:01 AM
did you check the FD and CD adjustment before you made the Beltline adjustment

if the value in the beltline adjustment is blue it occurs the error 45-20.

I had 2 machines with this problem and now its ok

Stirton.M
10-24-2009, 01:52 PM
I read in a recent Knowledgebase article about version 60 firmware would stop the color registration sensor from throwing the c-4520. Also there is an updated version of the sensor assembly if you or the customer has noticed the red not printing quite right.

I was just going to mention that...version 60 update and the registration sensor is also a new item. We've been dealing with those problems via registration sensor replacement. Version 50 firmware is also fine. We've had no issues on that at least.

Stirton.M
10-24-2009, 02:02 PM
did you check the FD and CD adjustment before you made the Beltline adjustment

if the value in the beltline adjustment is blue it occurs the error 45-20.

I had 2 machines with this problem and now its ok

I found a bit of an error on one TSB regarding belt line speed issues.

In the TSB, there is a recommendation to fit the value between -5 to -35. I had a machine that I was having other problems with, specifically 2211 to 2214 type codes. The machine was set to -5, so following the recommendation, I figured that perhaps half way between (-20) would be a happy medium to dealing with the 22xx codes on one machine. The net result however was constant 4520 codes. When I switched back, the problem went away.

Stirton.M
10-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I am having problems trying to get to the underlying cause of error code C-4520 on a C6500, the fault is occuring on a regular basis roughly every 8K.

So far I have replaced the registration sensor assy, fitted a new image belt unit and carried out a full PM, There are no problems with colour density on any of the colours and the drive of the image belt unit is ok with no tracking of the belt, the firmware of the machine is at Ver 30.

The machine can always be reset using Reg auto adjust, and the machine will then work without any problems for roughly 8K.

Anyone out there any more ideas?

Thanks

Refer to the latest TSB (Oct 2009) on this problem. There is an extensive entry related to this issue, with many different things that can be done. Version 60 firmware also adds a new software switch to reduce the sensitivity from 10 pixels to 60 pixels.

texchar555
10-28-2009, 03:57 AM
one Q, are making sure the transfer belt is not walking ?:)

brian155
10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
possible dev unit failure. do test patern 1 at density 90 for all colours and check for faint missing lines.

Custom Search